[roehl]

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by roehl22, Feb 18, 2008.

1. brandon35thss

brandon35thss Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Maybe trucking is just not your game. I know,let's have a spelling contest!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coolbreeze100

Coolbreeze100 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Macon, GA
    It seems to be a similar thread among people who look at commercial driving as some sort of lottery win. The truth is, driving is a very demanding job that is really like no other. I suspect navy veterans that had extended sea duty may understand this work. Long hours, tough conditions and not a lot of pay is the normfor new drivers. It takes at least a year to get the hang of OTR.

4. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    If you disclosed the positive drug test even though it was 15 years ago that is most likely the reason why. Imagine all the other applicants you are up against and most have never had a positive drug test. Roehl will take them before you.

5. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    Im new to driving and went with roehl..not getting rich but making a solid income and work with a lot of fabulous people. Getting excellent training and support thru the process. Very happy here! Sorry u did not pass the exam..a lot of options out there.

6. r70cuda

r70cuda Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Florida
    I would contact Roehl to seek your answer. They may have felt you may not be able to pass a hair follicle test. On first day you arrive, you go thru a DOT physical than if you pass they take you down for a hair folicle test You will go on a road test and must know things like how to approach a railroad crossing. Roehl is very safety oriented company. There are families that depends on Roehl drivers following safety policies. Perhaps your questionnaire reflected their decision. There is no harm in making a phone call. Contact there recruiting office (person whom helped you get signed on). They seem to keep everything on record. Anything else is just an opinionated guess. Good Luck

18Bravo Thanks this.
  7. r70cuda

r70cuda Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Florida
    I would contact Roehl to seek your answer. They may have felt you may not be able to pass a hair follicle test. On first day you arrive, you go thru a DOT physical than if you pass they take you down for a hair folicle test You will go on a road test and must know things like how to approach a railroad crossing. Roehl is very safety oriented company. There are families that depends on Roehl drivers following safety policies. Perhaps your questionnaire reflected their decision. There is no harm in making a phone call. Contact there recruiting office (person whom helped you get signed on). They seem to keep everything on record. Anything else is just an opinionated guess. Good Luck

18Bravo Thanks this.
  8. 18Bravo

18Bravo Bobtail Member

Thanks Cuda. From what I am understanding the 15 year old piss test is what got me denied, even though I have no criminal record, a perfect driving record and dont smoke, drink or drug EVER It is still a company policy. I am going to write them a letter with my personal resume attached to see if all the good I have done in life will have more weight than a bad time 15 years ago. I m sure their insurance company advises them to have such strict policies but I do hope that they at least offer someone a chance to get a second look and offer an explanation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.