Roll Call

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by wsyrob, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Light Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Hey guys! I run out of the Morrow Ga terminal. I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time. I received a new Pete in the middle of January. Absolutely love this truck. Ya'll be safe out there!

wsyrob Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Good deal. I hope to get one some day. Got to put a couple hundred thousand more on this Prostar first though.

4. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Houston, TX
    I'd figure to contribute here to this thread. I run of course out of the Pasadena terminal right now as a local driver, and I can say that its been pretty busy here in the past 2 weeks. Overheard in the office the other day that they have more loads than they do drivers to give them to. That seems like a good problem to have. I may check into seeing what dedicated stuff the have at some point. I was told about the Little Rock dedicated that gets 3 loads a week so looks like that's picking up again.

My Prostar rides pretty nice as well, my only beef with it is the speed inconsistency with the speedo reading 65 but actual speed at around 61-62. I've decided not to worry about it and just work with it for the time being but admit it sucks feeling like a slomo on the highway.

I've seen the Petes, pretty nice inside with carpet lined floor. Haven't rode in one yet though but hope to at some point. My prostar has 260K miles on it right now so will be awhile.

5. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    I run out of Morrow too. My Prostar was issued to me with 250K miles on it and it's in good shape, but to get a brand new truck must have been awesome.

6. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Don't get too excited about those new Macks there Thermos Bottle. They aren't all that. The Pete that Morrow got will probably be the only one.

7. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    I wish they would just buy all Petes. All the comforts of the Prostars, but they actually work. :p I wouldn't mind a Mack though, my Prostar has been acting up a lot.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  8. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    One of our trainers met with Mack to provide input for sleeper design. Maybe the next round of trucks will be speced a little better.

9. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Talked to dispatch yesterday. They have me doing a new dedicated run that we just started. Out and back from High Point to Kansas City. That's over 2000 miles total and will be the longest one yet. The only down side is we have to get washed out in KC because the customer requires a 24 hour loading window after wash out. I figured it was an occasional thing until dispatch told me they have one loading Sat, Sun and Mon. No wonder they are whining about needing drivers.

10. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Yes because alot of drivers don't like working weekends. Sounds like a good run though.

11. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    These dedicated loads get you home every 3 days or so. I was off last weekend, Ran 1700 miles Mon-Wed, off Thursday and Friday and will head out on this in the AM. I will probably be back home Wed. I don't want to work every weekend but don't mind them all that much. Traffic is usually a little better Sat and Sun early in the day. I do require at least 104 days off per year though but don't mind them during the week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.