Rookie driver backing incident

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by rookie2pro, Sep 9, 2022.

1. rch10007

rch10007 Medium Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    There isn't another company on Earth big enough that Amazon would have to comply with.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Well......everybody said everything necessary. I'll 2nd get out and look, and not yo trust anyone. I don't mind helping people back in, but I'll ask if they'd like some help from me. If I'm helping an inexperienced driver, I'm taking it very slow with him or her. I even make that driver get out and take a look. That's a good habit to have. I'm nearly 14 years in and I get out and look. It's only an incident, not an accident. It won't go on your record like a rollover or jack knife will. They may get some money out for you, they may have you take classes, you even get fired. It depends on your company policies. Don't worry about it. It won't stop you from finding work should the latter happen. Regardless of what happens, learn from this and do better.

4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Please let us know how this turns out. It's not uncommon but if there's a chance you're being set up by the other driver you need to find out what happened.

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Whoever is driving is responsible for backing accidents, in almost all cases. Having someone help doesn't mean the driver can stop looking at both mirrors.

Last Call Thanks this.
  6. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018

If its a mega carrier requesting footage they will.

7. rookie2pro

rookie2pro Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2022
    Thanks i learned that not all truckers help each other

8. rookie2pro

Sep 9, 2022
    Got to wait on the video from Amazon its taking them a long time

9. rookie2pro

Sep 9, 2022
    his trailer has alot of scratches and damage all sides, he was guiding me soon as he said I hit his trailer i got out, the thing that passes me off is that i trusted him wrong to help another trucker, after this incident i will always be careful of other truck drivers. Thanks for the reply

10. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Well it's not that not all truckers help each other. It's that at the end of the day, you're the captain of the ship.

Personally? I'd rather get out and look ten times than have someone help me back into the side of another truck. Lol

PacoTaco, Savor the Flavor and Coffey Thank this.
  11. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    A place I worked at 30 years ago pulled doubles. There was a guy that wanted to "help" me one day. The yard was dark and it was all iced up and he was standing right by the corner of the rear box. I was more worried about him slipping and me backing over him, so after the 3rd try to back up to the converter I stopped, got out of the truck, and showed him where he should stand if he wanted to "help". He got pissed and left and I had no further problems.

"Help" isnt always "helpful".

alds, Savor the Flavor, Coffey and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.