Rosedale Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by shaman, Aug 20, 2007.

1. mussell

mussell Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2011
    South East
    universal10, you still with Rosedale? How is it going with them?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. somat

somat Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2011
    atlanta,ga
    do they hire driver with no experience

4. luvmyfamily

luvmyfamily Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2013
    lynchburg,va
    I would like to know what the trucks are governed at,if anyone knows,and do they have the apu units on them..thanks

5. luvmyfamily

Jan 19, 2013
    lynchburg,va
    Universal10 I spoke with them and for there flat bed division they were only paying ¢35. a mile not real good for a Canadians.. and if only get 2800 miles a week,unless I just Dont know any better and true I have never worked for a company that is not good..but please tell me what are trucks governed at do they at least run 68 mph..

6. luvmyfamily

Jan 19, 2013
    lynchburg,va
    Please universal 10,keep us posted on how you like it means a lot thanks and good luck..

7. luvmyfamily

Jan 19, 2013
    lynchburg,va
    Stay away from this company..my second week and already looking. there equipment is JUNK I am in a 98 Volvo with over 700 thousand with twenty six thousand you drop two gears ,all there tires except steer are recaps I am letting anyone know they are cheap and have junk for equipment.I am on flatbed division and the trailer rails are crushed in blew two not one with the recaps within hundred miles of each one and guess what they put another cap on both times

8. flacotrucker

flacotrucker Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Not worth your time!!!!Out of four people who went to orientation nobody made it through. They lie to get you there. They don't check your work history, DAC report, or references UNTIL you have wasted your time getting there. You don't get paid for orientation until you spend 90 days working with them. SO, if they find a mistake your not getting paid at ALL. Your could have a perfect record, no tickets or accident like I did and if they find a small problem with your work history they will automatically disqualify you. Then, once they disqualify you, you don't get paid for orientation and you will be responsible to pay for the drug test and the physical from whatever money they owe you. So if you get a call from a recruiter called SARAH your best bet is to hang up the phone.

9. Rodney Holt

Rodney Holt Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2013
    I worked for Rosedale from Jan 07' to June 12'. I can tell you they were a GREAT company to work for. They were the first company I ever worked for and they took me fresh out of trucking school. I never got a junk truck or bad equipment. My first truck was a 2003 international, which at the time was only 4 years old and that was only because they were short on trucks. I kept that truck for about 2 or 3 weeks and after that I got a 2005 Volvo which was only 2 years old. Then in 2009 I chose one of the new trucks available on the yard. I called Norm and I told him I wanted this particular new truck on the yard and he gave it to me just like that. It still had plastic on the carpet and mattress. I kept that truck until I left the company. They even tried to give me new 2011 but I kept my 2009 instead. Most of their trucks is only about 2 or 3 years from what I remember and I believe the flatbed division get the previous trucks the dry van division had when the new trucks come in. But even now when I see a Rosedale flatbed rolling down the highway the truck is a 2011 or newer. When I left in 2012 my truck was governed at 68 mph which isn't bad. I never had a problem and if I did was quickly resolved. I rarely had a problem with a backload. I never a problem getting home or taking some time off. Bottom line is this, that company gave me a chance when nobody would. They treated me like family and they know all their drivers by first name. That's the only OTR company I have ever worked for and If they had a local terminal here in Nashville, I would be back in a heartbeat!

10. JustNva

JustNva Light Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Virginia
    Any current information? Pay, home time, equipment, training details, measure neck/bmi?

11. Dajia81

Dajia81 Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Awesome company to work for

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.