Rough roads made smooth

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by russellkanning, Mar 22, 2013.

1. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    Still out running all over the place. We are still making money with LS.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    One year or so .... still doing fine.

Dewey120 Thanks this.
  4. CarolinaTrucka

CarolinaTrucka Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2014
    I recently found you guys thread and like reading your journey. Would it be a pain to ask for a full detailed updaye of how things are going with LS? Mileage rates, Brokers, Good freight areas... Etc. THANKS!

5. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    yes that would be too much to ask

6. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    we mostly come and go from Dallas to visit my mother-in-law
    we also spend a lot of time out west .... although we can't go to California any more
    we will be relocating to OR, so we come and go from there often to get a feel for freight there

we mostly stay out of the northeast and chicago

we don't get the best rates, since we don't always chase them
    sometimes we get great team loads, but mostly do solo loads

7. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I live in California right now but have a non CARB compliant truck so I am trying to convince the Wife it's time to move to the Fort Worth area. That's where I spend most of my time moving freight for Landstar. Looking forward to the new yard being built in the Fort Worth area.

8. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    one year anniversary .... everything is going fine

9. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    tn
    I know Im going to catch flack from all the nit-pickers on this but Its my opinion.
    Been with LS for a while now pulling platforms and seem to me that LS has one of the best support systems Ive seen in a while, If I have a question I call Heavy haul or any other dept and I usually get a subject matter expert and answer right away or a call back within the hour with the answer to my question. The only problem I ever have is after hours but think that's anywhere you go.
    BUT: What really impressed me was a few months ago I blew a motor big time, after a week home of beating my head against the wall, figuring my options and another week securing financing, I received a phone call from LS. (something that has never happened before) I received a phone call from Heavy Haul wonder if I was Ok and why they haven't heard from me. I explained what went down and all was as good as can be expected.
    Well within a day or so the phone started ringing and it was LS again Shiella in BCO services, called to check on me and ask if there was anyway they could help? At that point all was going well.
    After they started the tare down of the motor we over ran the bill by about 4,000! The O NO factor kicked in and everything went bad at that point. Called Shiella and her team back, they helped with a loan and got me working again! YEE HAW! Almost????
    Well not thinking but a month and a half off work, Loan payment, tags come due, The normal weekly deduction for Ins, and all my blanket permits came due. I was way upside down In the Negative! Tried for 2 weeks to work my way out and I received another phone call by week 3, They asked why and what was going on that I was so far in the negative, So I went through the whole speel of what was going on and that I was trying to get caught up and back in he black, She proceeded to tell me, that I should have called asap and they would have worked with me. At this point she deferred some of the payments to get me a paycheck and for gave some of the debt and redid my loan to roll everything together.
    Needless to say Im in the BLACK AGAIN! doing what I do best and making money the accounts are almost paid loans both LS and motor are almost paid, bills are on time!
    So long story short LAND STAR while have to kick me out the door before I even consider leaving! I've never had support like this and people who actually gave a dam except in the Army! So Koodos to the LS team and thank you all for the help!

10. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    very cool
    luckily we have not had that come up :)

11. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    We are thinking that it is time for us to buy our own trailer.
    Any reason for us to buy a reefer for inside the LS system?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.