Route Help

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by kenners76, Jan 7, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ahem. And how much is this bonus are we playing for?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I have taken great pain to be PRE-CISSE with the wife when issuing her directions for the night.

One time I had her leaving Pittsburgh towards Snowshoe on 80 for a intercept come morning.

Sun came up, and there we were. Thank God...

Back to bridges, there is one in Carlise under a railroad that's 11 feet 4 I think. It was arched so I attempted to see if it will fit. The antennas were 13.5 and sang. Nope it wont do it. It took 6 months for anyone at the headquarters to look up high enough to see that little scrape on that nice paint up there above the cab. He he.

4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    It might come as a shock to you but sometimes that little old lady has forgotten more about trucking and how to get into the facility then most of some greenhorns know, or think they know. As far as me getting mine im retired. As to that call most of the time the numbers added to dispatch's is a tried and true number. I know because for years i used them.

CrappieJunkie and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Just being here on TTR has shown me how much I have forgotten myself. It's embarrassing but I shake it off and try to have a good attitude about it. Learning something every day.

6. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    I use to work there, didn’t like that bridge on the bike. It is tight..

Dan.S and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Well, enjoy retirement. :) You got lucky.
    It might come as a shock to you but those little old ladies are dead now. Things have changed since they have been gone.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Aint that the truth.

ive a granny I think about a time or two. She raised me when my mother was not in a position to for a while. Not just the shelter and food, but the faith as well.

One of the best things she did was teach me cursive when I was 5, before there was a kindergarden school. They put me into a desk, paper in front had me write something to see where I am with writing. The result was a paragraph in cursive.

That was a scene to remember, no one in those days expected that. I understand schools today don't teach that anymore.

skellr Thanks this.
  9. kenners76

kenners76 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2017
    $275 last month and when you paying $1200 a month on child support you will find a will to make that little bit extra every month.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    1. It was not luck in regard to how I conducted myself in these matters. I was a professional truck driver and was dang proud of it! You really need to be careful who you disrespect like that on these boards.
    2. It has only been 5 years since I retired, it has not changed that much. The largest amount of the time the person answering the phone knew from repetition day in and day out what to tell a driver or they transferred the call. To be honest by the time I retired I had been to most of these docks so many times I did not need the help.
    3. I don't know what your deal is. Maybe your laid over and not happy or you are just a grouch by nature however you really need to step off NOW!

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Oh. Now I understand.

It's tough because many do not know that CDL can be taken if non compliant to support.

Im sorry I asked. Kinda. What I was hoping for was a tiny safety bonus like 50 dollars a month or something.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.