Ruan Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Dportis11, Aug 10, 2017.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    To a fault, the Feds (and some shippers)have been in recent years have been emphasizing on food safety protocols (especially for those of us that pull reefers) over concerns of people getting ill from contaminated food and possible bioterrorism. A lot of shippers that handle frozen food and/or other perishables mandate the trailers be swept out or washed out(sometimes requiring a receipt for verification) to reduce the risk of contamination. I've seen the way some Walmart distribution centers haphazardly load their trailers (and have had some loads topple on their pallets during transit) ,making unloading a little tricky,if not risky.

ad356, Lonesome and fargonaz Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dportis11

Dportis11 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Thanks for your input. I believe it is certainly worth the effort to make sure our food products are safe. That is the entire premise of my case, i.e. prevetion and safety, not putting drivers and the public in danger so Corporation's can increase more profit. This is why we have laws.The concept of Our Constitution is protection for all citizens.

4. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    I understand you didn't answer any question I asked.Just the chicken little sky falling speech

Sublime Thanks this.
  5. Pepper24

Dec 3, 2010
    Not sure where your getting the concept of the constitution is protecting all citizens,my understanding is the basic concept is self governing is its most basic concept,and all have inherited rights never heard it's there to protect us from Ruan not stacking eggs properly.

DTP and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  6. Pepper24

Dec 3, 2010
    So your saying you don't know right just in a long drawn out way,I don't know either that's why I ask the one who's telling this tale

7. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    No, I'm saying we are fragile creatures who can be killed very easily. A situation YOU might walk away from could put ME into a permanent dirt nap.

MachoCyclone, Lonesome and fargonaz Thank this.
  8. Pepper24

Dec 3, 2010
    Ok thanks for that information I guess,I don't know why you felt the need to pass that we're fragile on .But as the op rant in my opinion is very hypothetical of him .Kroger at one time had there own company drivers represented by the teamsters,Kroger decided they could get rid of those drivers and get companies like Ruan to come in and bring in there drivers to do the same job for less money and benefits.Older drivers called those drivers scabs.Now this guy is on here complaining about how these companies are cutting corners being cheap for better profits when he is part of the problem .He decided to work cheaper then the Kroger drivers were now complaining about the monster he help build.so no I really have no sympathy for this guys rant

9. woolybully35us

woolybully35us Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    ks
    I can tell you that ruan doesn't give a rats ### about their employee's I worked for them for 17 years. if it wasn't for the benefits they had I would of not stayed on that long. in 2011 they came to our terminal a week before Christmas to give our safety awards an dinner. instead they told us to clean out our trucks that our terminal was now closed. .

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  10. Dportis11

Dportis11 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2017

11. Dportis11

Dportis11 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2017
    You have no idea what your talking about.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.