Ruan Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Dportis11, Aug 10, 2017.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ooo just another day in Associated at St Louis. If I can still find the place.

They ever close that joint yet?

A few knots is just a immune system stimulant. LOL.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I won a relatively minor case via Maryland Courts against one of my employers years ago. They cut the miles to next to nothing hoping I quit. I had about 10K in savings that tide me over a couple of months waiting for a load while burning fuel.

It took me that long before a lawyer taught me that going up against a company that has a market cap of about a billion dollars overall is pretty stupid. No wonder you lost your money, You aint gonna see it again. It's gone. But unemployment ruled in my favor and against the employer so there is that small victory. There was one specific result of that ruling through. The day after it was handed down, the company stopped taking applications or new hires from Maryland. So it hurt many more people.

moloko Thanks this.
  4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Complete lie. SMH

5. Dportis11

Dportis11 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing. Teddy
    Roosevelt.

I appreciate your attention, especially under the circumstances of negative and naive opinions. I resigned from the union after several years of doing nothing to support drivers. My case was filed in state court and then federal because the companies involved are out of state. The labor investigation concluded that my termination could not be supported for legitimate reasons, and protected activity had been established because I asked; (what about OSHA) in a safety meeting when the safety man said there was nothing we can do about Atlas. (He should have read Teddy's philosophy on character)

I link their excuse to ignore safety of a parent sending their child to a school, or anywhere of violence and saying; there is nothing I can do about it.
    Do we send our employees to unsafe working conditions without taking action to correct the matter? Would you purposely put yourself in dangerous situations?

These questions seem absurd, but that is the reality of the situation. No one should ignore safety to keep their jobs. It is a travesty that is the world we live in. I wish these people would understand, I am fighting for all drivers and middle-class workers that are abused. Intent is key, and an accurate assessment of these circumstances.
    This point is verified in the department of agriculture's letter, i.e. "Mr. Portis' concern with regard to the safety of food products destined for human consumption whose packaging has become broken due to mishandling is a valid concern regardless of where those conditions exist."

My case went to federal court and then arbitration. Of course I lost because the union did nothing before, (they enabled) these conditions to exist. The court dismissed my case because of the arbitration decision. My letter to both President Obama and Trump has brought me to a hearing with several government agencies. I had lost hope for justice. I ask for your prayers to hold these companies accountable for their abuse and greed. As for Ruan seeing this? One should never hide from the truth. But, I get your advise.
    Thanks,

moloko Thanks this.
  6. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    I'm going to tell everybody reading right now, to never sign a pre-dispute arbitration agreement. For some reason, employers love these things. After you quit your good job and went over to the new company, about 4 hours into the orientation process, they try to slip it in your paperwork. An employer who wants you to sign this, is an unscrupulous employer. Arbitration agreements frustrate your basic civil right to the legal system. They also contain ridiculous provisions which are usually biased and one-sided in the employer's favor, and walk a thin line between "unfair" and "unenforceable."

This is the issue with labor unions. They have internal grievance procedures and arbitration hearings, which you must first exhaust before filing a complaint directly in court. If ever possible, get a letter from your union stating they will take no action on your behalf in a grievance hearing. That alone is enough to get your case heard in court. I'm guessing that the court system rejected your claim because the arbitration was "final and binding," which is a load of BS. The arbitrator doesn't even have to follow the law. The arbitrator is probably a repeat customer of the employer who violates the law. There are conflicts of interest that don't even have to be DISCLOSED when a case goes to arbitration. There are serious limits on discovery and what you can present as evidence. It is also very expensive, and because it is private rather than public, the employer has little incentive to settle or else be held accountable.

Never sign that arbitration agreement. If they want you to sign it, tell them to suck it and walk out the door. Or just don't sign it and let them think you did. If you can get away with that, you can usually circumvent the arbitration agreement. In that scenario, the employer thinks you're screwed because you "signed the arbitration agreement ," and then your secret weapon is that you never signed it in the first place.

I'm getting too excited over this. Nail them, and nail them hard. Good luck..

7. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    There's ten minutes I'll never get back.

Broke Down 69, Lonesome and buddyd157 Thank this.
  8. Dportis11

Dportis11 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2017

9. Dportis11

Dportis11 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Their attorney compel to go arbitration or dismiss my case in federal court. Ruan brought in the arbitration a former driver dispatcher/supervisor that gave false testimony. He stated another driver signed that he witnessed an altercation we supposedly had that never happened. This person was brought in the following day and testified he never witnessed the meeting or signed the document Ruan presented. They still won??

10. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    If we actually followed all the regulations, the economy would collapse. Almost no one is being hurt the way things are commonly done compared to most of the rest of the world.
    A certain number of deaths and injuries are just the price of doing business, it is impractically expensive to make everything perfectly safe and compliant.

If the OP went after a couple items he considered egregious and stuck to his guns, then i could take him seriously but he says he has made HUNDREDS of complaints. That is a bit odd. I would not keep an employee who never stops complaining and seems bent on destroying my business. Only a SJW type would expect an employer to put up with that.

11. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Sometimes, what we outsiders interpret as shady conduct is just the company trying to protect itself from malingerers and opportunists. If I was meeting a payroll, I'd be suspicious too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.