Ruan Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Dportis11, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    The subject of my reply was Walmart, and they never once did that to me. Walmart cleans their trailers. They just have a different standard for choosing when they need to do that than some other warehouses. When you are picking up at some random shipper it doesn't cost them anything to make you go jump trough hoops - you know, just to be on the safe side. If it's their own trailer, their own product, their own stores, and their own dime, they will do the cost benefit math differently.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Well the DC I ran out of never clean the trailers I know that for a fact...

slow.rider Thanks this.
  4. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    You mean they never made you take one to be cleaned. At Walmart DC's the drill is when you return an MT you fill the reefer tank then drop the trailer in the designated area. If it needs a washout the yard dog will take it.

5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Wrong again...you know what they call folks who assume right??...

slow.rider Thanks this.
  6. Dportis11

Dportis11 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2017
    I will have to say these are by far the most ridiculous statements I've read. I'm sure you know all the people that have been injured and killed within these companies. To compare the American workplace to other countries conditions is inconceivable. I find your comments also a reflection of the society we live in of Common Sense is not common anymore. It is also a sign of how companies can get away with putting drivers at risk and get away with it. No guts or principles of what is right and wrong.
    I guess I'm old school. Treating people with dignity and respect, especially the people that work for you is a thing of the past.

Stacking a pallet so it doesn't fall and hurt or kill someone would take a few minutes longer, and is simply common sense. Not having the understanding to realize how long it takes to clean it up and the dangers involved because of negligence is irresponsible. Correcting this and making sure equipment works the way it was designed will not put the company out of business. Look up the profits of Kroger, Atlas and Ruan.

7. gggg7777gggg

gggg7777gggg Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2017
    "my case involves food contamination" can you give more specifics? did they did it a driver error? what exactly happened?

8. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Only asking questions here....
    What would the Teamsters Union have anything to do with this?
    Is it possible that this post is really just a camouflaged attack against those awful Unions.... you know.... those awful organizations that are in existence to actually help protect the workers which, therefore, could hinder maximum CEO profits.....??

9. Dportis11

Dportis11 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2017
    To answer your question; the Union would not do anything about the circumstances. Teamsters 171 in Salem, Virginia represented both organizations that supported Kroger, i.e. Atlas Warehouse and Ruan. Their response was; "we cannot do anything. We cannot control Kroger." I hope this answers your question. You are right; the Union supposed to support their members, especially when it concerns their safety.

10. Dportis11

Dportis11 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2017
    From my first day on the job I could not believe the ridiculous, unstable way food pallets were loaded. I reported the circumstances and took pictures. Ruan blamed Atlas Warehouse and Kroger didn't care. They obviously could write off losses and was not concerned whatsoever with workers safety.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.