Rumor has it, Knight 2 go 2"paperless" logs by 1 Jan, 2010

Discussion in 'Knight' started by truckerdave1970, Nov 16, 2009.

1. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    personal conveyance? No such provision that I know of as a company driver that allows you to move a company truck during a restart and not be on line 3.

I suspect this is why California and probably some other states want to get rid of the 34 restart. Some drivers do not know what off duty means.

In short it means you do not drive or use a log regulated CMV during a restart unless you are in the sleeper area. There is no diference under the law between driving to Walmart to shop or pu a load during a restart.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    RTFM again.

4. Sad_Panda

Dec 2, 2006
    California not that long ago had a 16/8 split for intrastate drivers, which they now lowered to 12/10 with a 80 hour and a 34 restart. So if California doesn't like the restart, why did they give it to their intrastate haulers?
    :biggrin_25523:

5. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Because they say drivers to often use CMV's during the restart period"s

6. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    So, how are the electronic logs working out for you all?

Mine is still EL free, but I know that it is coming, grrrr!

I am old school, and not sure if I can handle it.

Comments, experiences?

7. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    e-logs are teh suxx0rz. srsly.

8. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    The guys doing the elogs say its no big deal, but I'm not on it so I personaly can't comment. I don't sit long enough for a 34 unless I'm at home, but my DM said you can drive to Wally or truckstop while on your 34, just let your DM or safety depth know and you wont be penalized. There is also a Line 5 for O/O if they wan
    na drive anywhere - off duty. Time to get used to it, everyone will be paperless soon and starting July one, you will see a lot of the Super truckers disapeering also.

9. Sad_Panda

Dec 2, 2006
    I think when I go paperless, I'll switch to Werner, at least their trucks have trailers, APUs, and who knows, I'll most likely be driving something better than a Volvo!
    :biggrin_2556:

Think about it, you know I'm right.
    :biggrin_25521:

10. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    if you're unlucky enough to load out of albuquerque going to the durango-mckinley paper mill in prewitt, nm, you'll really hate that e-log. you CANNOT park at the mill. the drive from the freeway to the mill entrance is 3 miles, and then the 1 mile drive along the entryway to get to the guard shack. my hours of service went belly up over there and i had to drive all the way into town to park in a big ol' dirt lot along the train tracks. ended up with a big HOS violation. although it was taken care of once the morning people came in and i had explained to them the situation. the situation was handled and we were able to fist pump to the break of dawn.

11. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    just in: e-logs are just like the terion system. they're a waste of time and money. last night i found out that my logs for the last few weeks were never recorded in knight's system. therefore if i am stopped or pulled around back for an inspection, i am SCREWED! don't you think they should tell their drivers when the system isn't working like it's supposed to? oh yeah, it's knight. they can't afford to tell their drivers jack squat!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.