running team with central?

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by iorena, Aug 30, 2013.

1. iorena

iorena Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Blue Ridge,GA.
    im fixng to go through school and training with central. Is it worth it money wise to run as a team? My guy makes pretty good money where he is but the company doesn't do schooling. But we have decided we want to run as a team ( at least for now ). Any comments or help would be much appreciated. and how does the pay work when u run as teams? Thank you. and be safe

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. indspirit

indspirit Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2013
    If your guy is happy with where he is right now do they run teams? My suggestion would be for you to get your training with Central and stick it out for the year they require to pay for the schooling. Let your guy continue to work where he is now then team up with him at his company if they will hire you on. It dosen't make since to take a lower paying job just to team up together.

iorena and Lady K Thank this.
  4. iorena

iorena Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Blue Ridge,GA.
    I agree there. but he is tired of driving alone lol he doesn't wanna wait another yr. but I cant pay for schooling on own and I refuse to let him cover cost. Company he works for does but I have to have my cdl on own to go to them.

5. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Running as a team company wise, mileage is split to each driver. It will also be less expensive to have your own insurance instead of being covered as a spouse on the others. So if they say 0.44/mile each driver gets .22/mile for as many miles as the truck runs... Only really worthwhile if all that money is going into one household (IMHO).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.