Running under someone's authority

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by chimbotano, Sep 30, 2013.

1. solferguson

solferguson Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Can you make a reference to this friend for me?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. solferguson

solferguson Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Can you give a referral to your friend. I would be interested in working with her.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Djo M

Djo M Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I am running under someone's authority. I had a casual accident... where something, per casualty, breaks from my truck and hit another car. Now the company under which I have my liability doesn't want to fill the insurance claim of the other car, in other to avoid increase of its insurance. SO He fills the claim on my company's name, and I don't have liability myself. He asks to just ignore the letters, because everything is just under my LLC, not under my name. I feel that it's not right? I can be in bigger trouble further down the road. What should I do?

6. Djo M

Djo M Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I am running under someone's authority. I had a casual accident... where something, per casualty, breaks from my truck and hit another car. Now the company under which I have my liability doesn't want to fill the insurance claim of the other car, in other to avoid increase of its insurance. SO He fills the claim on my company's name, and I don't have liability myself. He asks to just ignore the letters, because everything is just under my LLC name, not under my name. I feel that it's not right? I can be in bigger trouble further down the road. What Should I do?

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Get a lawyer. Let him deal with what needs to be done.

SheepDog and whoopNride Thank this.
  8. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Wow, that is shady. Call his insurance company that your leases too and file a claim.

SheepDog and Billyjack Thank this.
  9. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    This was 5 years ago... Did you ever get it worked out?

10. 2 CHAINS

2 CHAINS Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2018
    I dont have my authority my op cost are 1.23. I run reefer so thats 1500month rental. Cargo ins 15000yr no more fuel discounts im currently saving .40gal so maybe another 8000. Eld fee factoring fee . Bookkeeper fee Higher Maintenance for reefer unit . My op cost would be atleast .24c higher or 1.50mi based on 100000mi. Im looking at freight now paying 1.80 2.25mi on reefer loads do to freight volumn being down . When the boards are down im better off . I maybe wrong but in a slow economy ill take all the freebee i can get. So im saving myself 24g a year leasing on. No headaches with permits, insurance ,maint, cargo claims ,or getting paid every week. Imo .40discount in fuel free trailer and reefer fuel safety bonuses reimbursment of my tags and book my own freight off DAT ill give you 30%. For now

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    TheMegalodon Thanks this.
  11. TheMegalodon

TheMegalodon Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Question, With you running under someone else authority did you use your company name the truck or their company name on the truck. Reason I ask because if you’re trying to get a new contract who name are they seeing on the truck?

12. AlexanderK

AlexanderK Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2017
    DOT # and company who own that DOT.

TheMegalodon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs