Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    It is compliant. The sticker means you can idle in California. You don't need DEF to be compliant. Your Cummins uses SGR or SRG to filter emissions.

As long as your truck can pass a D.O.T inspection, you're good to go.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA

2009 engine is good till 2023 but you also need meet tire and aero requirements

4. Lyle

Lyle Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Florida
    Thank you Steel and L.B. for yall's response. L.B. when you say tire and aero requirements do you mean for the trailer? Or the truck it has skirts on it and I put goodyears 399 lhs on the front. The drives are cheaper but have an eco symbol on them. Is that what you mean. This is kind of new for me, why in the world would California be such a pita one wonders. Also any ideas where I can buy some chains I'm not running super singles. Steel she'll pass dot inspection I run for CSX right now and they DOT the truck every 180 days with spot checks in between. I wish they did the same with the chassis.

5. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    yes the tires need to be smartway certified. That eco sysbol may be for that. Aero requirements are for newer trucks I believe, requiring skirts and such.

6. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Well, this sucks. I get to the Wal-Mart in Los Lunas, NM and I get assigned door 324 at the guard shack. I go over to door 324 and there is a truck still in that door. I go to the receiving office and am told to just wait for the door to come open instead of putting me in the empty door at 325. They take forever here and now I have to wait for the door to come open plus the wait for them to unload me. There goes my 14hr clock.

7. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Good luck. Had a buddy deliver there Sunday. He was there 6 hours.

8. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Last I was here, it was for 8 hours

9. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    OK so i finally took steel and machos advise as well as my own and slowed down. I tryed from 55-65 and found on my truck i get the best MPG at 61. I am now rolling about 7.8-8.5 from my 6.5-7.3. I am already seeing a nice amount in my pocket as well. I know I cant wait for the last week of this month as Im taking it off. First time i let myself relax a week in a long time I usually only take a couple days off then back at it. How many days do yall usually take for hometime? I probley run to much but even at 57-61 Im running 3000 miles a week or more. I am loving my checks but ready for a few days off with my wifey.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  10. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Yeah, I'm probably not the best person to answer that. LOL

MachoCyclone and crxdc Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.