Running With Schneider!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by atruckr, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Corona, CA

attruckr check out those loads coming out of oxnard PnG... saw then going for 2.50 and up to 3 per mile. one was going up to north cali paying about 1100 at 2.94 cpm.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Oh yeah, those loads sound good ..Will have to check it out

4. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Yes I heard that they have Cali compliant diesel APU.. Another reason it don't make sense to put the tri pac E on these trucks. I'm not complaining just wondering why SFI seems bent on using them because they automatically have them installed before they even sell the truck...weird..

5. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Catching up my Thread! Ok, awhile back mention my loads going to Indian and back to Utah.. got er done! Went pretty good except getting hung up on way back in WY . Winter weather hit and they closed I 80 for awhile.. I was shut down for about 5 hours.

Oh btw, while in IN stopped at Petro off I 69 (good place to get work done, will have to look up the address) and got my PM done.. In the process we discovered my water filter was in horrible shape! I didn't even know the thing was there. Often when getting my PMs done I will say please check all my filters! Water filter was never brought to my attention until now. Crazy! learn more and more everyday! Half the time I don't think the Mechanics know it's there! lol sounds funny i know but really don't think they know about it! Hell had the truck over a year and no one has mention it to me! So got all that done which included some extra filters so the cost was $479..

On my way back Thermo King in Cali called and let me know that the smart charger to fix my TriPac came in and when I get there they will fix it. Cool! So had another load picked coming out of Utah only 30 miles from my drop heading back on down to Cali! However!! they didn't have any empties at my drop..imagine that! So had to bobtail 50 miles extra to pick up MT at the SNI OC. No biggy! I get the MT and head to my pick up only to find out after I get there they rescheduled the load and so it was cancelled .. ahh crapp! Now, I do get $150 bucks for cancelled load, so that won't sting as much. Problem is tho on a Monday in UT there is little/few loads to pick from..

to be continued..

rickybobby and sadwar Thank this.
  6. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Picked a load here out of UT going on down to Ontario CA.. then an amazing load appeared while searching the Ontario area.. After I get my tripac fixed and go home for the night will be picking up a load that pays $40. a mile 10,000 lb going 4 miles drop and hook both ends open window pick up and delivery.. NOW HOW COULD I PASS THAT UP!!! wish I could do that all day long!:yes2557:

7. Freakin

Freakin Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Del Mar, CA

Wonder if it's possible to install a gas generator? Seen the Honda generator are Carb Compliant for California.

8. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Not sure! Technically it could be switch it out for diesel APU but unfortunately SFI gave me 2 different answers about that after I had questioned it. First they said I could switch it out but the cost is on me. 2nd time at later date they said no the unit has to stay with the truck.. Don't think they are clear on it themselves so probably could switch it if I dug a bit deeper into it. However, Doesn't matter anyway I'm not willing to spend the $6000 to $8000 to have it changed..

9. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    After my little 4 mile run grabbed a good load heading up to northern Cali then back down to Mira Loma CA. Currently on the load heading north. Should be back in Mira Loma today then have another short run to do that pays really good.

Got the Tri-Pac fixed! I hope anyway! Seems to be doing alright but not really in hot weather yet to give the true test! Will see how it performs in future..

Also while in Fontana got the 2nd QT training done and replaced one of my marker lights on the tractor that kept going out! Geeeezzz never ending always something to get done..Right! Feeling much better now getting my truck up to snuff anyway. Still need to get the Headers done soon. That is going to require a Frieghtliner visit and more than likely a day or 2 off. Will see how that pans out..

Truck-n-on!

10. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    There big push currently on evo is the freightliner parksmart. Having a battery equipped apu isn't all that feasible. If your parked for 34 you'll end up idling. Not cool.

11. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    I agree .. I have to idle a lot just to keep the system charged!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.