Running With Schneider!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by atruckr, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    So far your thread has been the most informative of all that I have read. Was trying to figure out what company to go with and find out what was the truth about the transport business. Your thread has answered most those questions and provided those of us thinking about taking the plunge the information we need to be successful. I have several offers from different companies but after reading this and reading what was said about the others SNI will be the place for me.

My question...not knowing the different issues between flatbed, dry, reefer, etc...what would be the best place to start? I will have all endorsements by the time I finish the school to include HAZMAT...how much does this help in placement? Should I try and find a dedicated customer to run with???

Thanks again!
    The Warhippy

atruckr Thanks this.
  3. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Thank you warhippy,

SNI is mainly dry van and tanker. Hazmat endorsement is pretty much requirement as van driver and a must have as tanker driver. You could still get placement as van driver without endorsements but they will want you to have it. At least that was the way it went for me few years ago.

You can apply for whatever position that is available in your area be it dedicated, regional or long haul. Most likely they will want you to go regional or long haul to get experience. But I would not say that is always the case.. Just depends. The recruiter will help out the most along those lines of questions when your ready.

4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    look at schneiderjobs.com . there you will see what positions are and if they allow inexperienced drivers.

As atruckr said we are a dry and tank company only. BUT there are some dedicated accounts that haul reefer(walmart account) or flats(home depot). My personal choice is dedicated. IMO the best money to start out depending on account better hometime and more consistent miles/checks. One I'm on is home daily in a daycab , if needed I get hotel on SNI.

Thats the great thing about us, is the variety we offer. After a reasonable amount of time , you can switch to something else.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    atruckr and warhippy Thank this.
  5. jbmarine63

jbmarine63 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2014
    So I am currently in school and just received my CDL Learners. I am trying to figure out what companies I should look at and apply for. Schneider is one of the companies I am considering amongst others; however, I get so many different opinions it is hard to sort out. I know I do not want to be an O/O so that leaves company man. I know I need experience, but I also need decent pay. I am a former Marine and have a great work ethic. I tend to succeed at everything I put my mind and heart into... any comments?

6. warhippy

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Not sure if this would interest you but check out their Military Apprenticeship Program. GI Bill plus wage could equal a lot more money your first year. 2nd...Don't be in a hurry to be a O/O. Not even sure if this is what you want for the long term. It's tempting I know but give it that first year before you get committed.

I'll be right there with you following the same advice I just gave you. School starts Monday the 19th and I hope to be in Fontana the second week of June. If what they say is correct (2500-3000 miles per week at 30 cpm starting plus $1236 GI bill- $3000 a month plus 1236 equals 50k for first year) it might not be a bad year.

Good Luck Marine!!

7. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    I can tell you SNI wouldn't be a bad choice compared to the other large carrier's out there.

8. jhspeaars27

jhspeaars27 Light Load Member

May 15, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    im running the apprentice program as well but the amount you receive is based on how long you were in i think. i was only in 4 years usmc and im getting 879 a month net as long as i work 120 hours. not hard when i stay out 6 weeks and home 5 days. wife loves the rider program. and you will see at least 2500 miles if you are willing to work and be available early in the week.

warhippy and atruckr Thank this.
  9. warhippy

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks...I keep telling my wife she would enjoy the rider program but she's skeptical. I was in 23 years and deployed 42 months out of 70. I'm used to being gone a lot. Started the school to get my license today. Boring but a necessary evil to make the next step. I received offers from Werner, CR England and TMC but I really would prefer Schneider. The recruiter for Schneider was out of office today but I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks again! You answered exactly what I was wanting to know.

10. jhspeaars27

jhspeaars27 Light Load Member

May 15, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    no problem. if you do decide on schneider, i would try to get something dedicated to get you home often or even daily. having no kids and being married, having the wife along for the ride is the best. more take home pay when we cut our expenses.

atruckr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.