Hello everyone, how you doing?
I been here at Shipex about 5 months and didn't see a whole lot about them on here so thought I would start this weekly journal as to my experience unfolds here at Shipex. Hopefully it will help answer questions and describe what it like here for those interested. Also may be helpfull to myself as I get input from other drivers.
I'm currently in Salt Lake getting ready to go pick up a load out of West Jordon UT heading to Allentown PA.
Here is the basics of what the company offers and requires (see below). Some things have change but not to much. This is what I hired on knowing and I'm sure some things will change again and will do my best to clarify as things move forward. I'm just putting this up here so we are all on the same page knowing what this company is all about. It's different than most so thought it would be good to share.
I applied and started driving with this company because of the many driver perks and the salary concept fits well with my family and life on the road. So far so good .. Looking forward to journaling through this experience.
Here are the benefits that you can enjoy being part of the ShipEX Inc. Family
o If you want to stay out longer you can rack up your home time
- Starting Salary of $1154/week, which = $60,000/yr. base salary (+ Bonuses!)
- 12,000 miles a month is required being on salary, but the more miles you drive the more it will benefit your quarterly bonus!
- If the miles are not available due to weather, freight, etc. you will not be penalized.
- Average Length of haul 1,400-1,600 miles
- Quarterly Mileage & Safety Bonuses
- Any miles over 36,000 that you run in a quarter will be paid out at $.41CPM!
- With our Safety Bonus you could earn an extra $.01CPM on all miles, paid out every quarter
- Drivers Health Insurance Monthly Premium Covered 100%
- We offer insurance for Spouses & or children but driver will pay for plan
- Insurance will start 60-90 days from hire date
- Insurance is through Cigna
- We also offer Dental & Vision Insurance along with Disability & Life Insurance.
- A courtesy $10,000 Life Insurance policy for our drivers!
- Home for Thanksgiving or Christmas
- 4-6 Weeks Out (Which can earn you $70k+/yr)
- Home 4-6 Days
- Free Rider & Pet Program
- Riders after the first 30 days, pets are allowed day one of hire
Our new equipment here at ShipEX includes the following:
- 2,000 Watt Inverters
- Bunk Heaters
- Rand McNally (7” touch screen GPS, E-Log, and Dispatch Unit)
- Pre-pass & Easy Pass
Some other perks
- Driver referral bonus
- Mileage/productivity bonus
- Safety bonus
- New truck after 90 days
What ShipEX is looking for in a driver
- A Safe, dependable driver with trip planning skills
- All Commercial driving history in the last 5 years must be disclosed
- No more than 5 jobs in the last 3 years
- 2 Yrs. Verifiable Tractor Trailer Experience
- Must have Over The Road experience
- A Good Driving Record
- No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years, in a Personal or Commercial vehicle
- No more than 2 accidents, preventable or non-preventable in the last 3 years, in a Personal or Commercial vehicle
- Criminal Background
- Disclose all convictions or pending charges on your adult record.
Running With Shipex
Page 1 of 90
So.. got live loaded with yogurt this time out of UT. Reefer Temp at 36. Gross weight 76,800. Not our usual medical supplies load but it's a nice long haul to Allentown PA. I made it up here to Little America last night and it's looking like mild weather today. Should be able to hammer down 600 + miles today .. Roll on!
Page 1 of 90