Running With Shipex

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by atruckr, Oct 20, 2018.

1. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Yes it does. .

motocross25 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    So you control the temp. So you could set set the opti idle to 65 and it would maintain that temp by idling on and off ? If that's the case we could deal.with that. Seems this.guy had it set too high?

atruckr Thanks this.
  4. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Yes. We don't have a digital temp setting but set it right in middle between hot a cold is about 72. I usually will turn the temp all the way cold to get it running and then set the temperature in the middle or a notch to the left or right depending on temperature outside. Then as i go to sleep it is nice and cool. Every one is different you will figure out what is you ideal comfort zone. While I sleep it will monitor the temp and start stop as needed etc..

Bumper and smokey12 Thank this.
  5. Truckrazy

Truckrazy Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2019
    Illinois
    @ Bumper

Unfortunately its the friggin reality.., too many guys out there talk big and then you go and try, and it turns out to be nothing but horse crap. Nowadays gotta do full FBI investigation before jumping into another ones shoes...

Metallica88 and Bumper Thank this.
  6. mushroom1464

mushroom1464 Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2010
    U S A
    Obviously a personal preference but I really like the orange and green colors on those tractors.

Bumper and atruckr Thank this.
  7. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Yeah the greens are nice! Orange i can do without. Driving for Schneider ruined it for me lol..

mushroom1464 and Bumper Thank this.
  8. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    I'm somewhere down here in Mississippi! At a riky dink truck stop called 45 truck stop, off US 45. So Original. Lol

Ran solid 600 miles a day the last few (except Saturday 573 miles because of road closure on I25 North of Denver). Only have about 180 miles to deliver this load in Alabaster Alabama. Appt is at 17:00 tomorrow but planning to get there in the morning. That will give me some time to work on some personal stuff while I wait.

Plus, like getting to my delivery early when ever possible encase they might unload me early. In this case I'm pretty sure they won't because they don't start unloading until 17:00 but nonetheless just gonna be there.

Rolling on!
    Andrew Pier

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I’m in the TA in Antioch TN. 550 mile run down to the TA in Jacksonville Florida tomorrow for a Wednesday morning delivery at the Sysco. Made a reservation at the TA. Not taking any chances..

mushroom1464, drvrtech77 and atruckr Thank this.
  10. JRTrax

JRTrax Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Greeley, Co
    I don't really use this forum to much but i wanted to say thanks for the guy that shared my video. Appreciate that. So just to clear up the part about the opti idle you can set a temp and ththe truck will turn on and off to try to accommodate that temp you set it it. If is over 90 degrees outside per the parameters that I would assume shipex set, I would only assume the owner of the truck can decide that, then the truck will idle non stop. When the outside temperature falls below 90 then the truck will turn on and off all night. When the truck is on it will get nice and cool inside. When the truck turns off that's where the problem is. It gets hot in there and it even turns off the fans. So no air movement at all. Even setting it to the coldest setting will result in the truck turning on and off under 90 degrees. Getting a driver really hot and then really cold does not end up in a happy medium of comfort at all.

atruckr, smokey12 and motocross25 Thank this.
  11. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    I just ran into another guy here at ShipEX and he said his truck opti idle does that in a similar way. Fortunately my truck does not operate that way i can set the temperature all the way cool and it don't matter what the temperature is it will turn on. I have full control to idle the truck when needed to stay comfortable which is what i believe Shipex wants for its drivers unless something has changed. If you have a problem like that you should be able to go to the shop and get it adjusted. Many other drivers here that i know of don't have that issue either. There may be a problem with some of them. Will investigate this further because i don't think that is Shipex's intention.

Vic Firth, Lonesome and Bumper Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.