Running With Shipex

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by atruckr, Oct 20, 2018.

1. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Finally got my pickup here in Ogden UT heading to Riverside CA. Delivery is about 20 minutes from home so that will work out well.
    Customer was running couple hours behind. When all said and done we get free candy bars for the road. :D
    Time for some rest and take off first thing in the morning.

Upinsmoke, Lonesome and Rugerfan Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chralb

chralb Road Train Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Where the truck is
    I heard that! First two things I bought before climbing in a truck was a CB and my coffee pot. Coffee pot is going on 10 years old and still kicking.

Upinsmoke and atruckr Thank this.
  4. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    That's for sure! Gotta have the CB too i agree. Hope my coffee maker last that long, but for $20 it is worth replacing whenever i need to ..

Upinsmoke and chralb Thank this.
  5. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Ran from Ogden to Barstow CA, 619 miles. Shut down around 16:00. Which was the plan from the start. Started early, so i could end early, so i could start early to make delivery down in Shakey Town:biggrin_25523: at 5 am. If that makes any sense. Hopefully it does. So im here in the door awaiting unload. After this it's home for a couple of days. Ahhhhhh!

6. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Loaded up just a few miles from my house with a Pet food heading to Lancaster TX.

Didn't end up getting 2 full days for home time. I put it in last minute because they were able to run me by the house so thought it was going to work. You see we have a calendar in our portal online. Usually we can request days off in the calendar in advance. Key word (in advance) I didn't do that this time. I just called my DM and asked if he had a load going home if he could send me that way in the next day. So he did. Which was awesome but i didn't tell him the amount of time i wanted to be off a couple of days. I put it on calendar last minute but he already got me loaded so it didn't take. No big deal. I did get most of Thursday and 1/2 day Friday off. Which is fine. I have earned enough time off i can go home whenever I want.

So it is now Monday and I'm about 60 miles from Lancaster and getting ready to head on in. Also they have me preloaded with another load from Fort Worth to Denver CO. So that's what i'll be doing today delivering then waiting around to pickup later today out of Fort Worth.

Upinsmoke, mattbh23 and Vic Firth Thank this.
  7. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Load to Denver cancelled! Oh well, :dontknow: got load out of Fort Worth to Salt Lake city. About 19,000 lbs of bacon. Ran my :bootyshake: off to get it here on time. Made it here in Salt Lake the day before yesterday around 11:00. They had me do a 34 hr reset and now picking up a load of cosmetics heading for Mississippi about 1600 miles.

I had 10 hrs on my clock the day i delivered here and then 7 coming then 2hrs. I would prefer to do a 34 under a load i ask if they had something with time on it so i could run the next couple days then restart. Didn't work out. Typically it seems they do that a lot. Run you out and back and resets in the yard. You don't have to reset here there's a Sap Brothers across the street. But i just prefer to be here usually. I'll walk over to Sap's if i need anything.

8. donnieboy

donnieboy Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Easton. PA
    Subscribed!

Upinsmoke and atruckr Thank this.
  9. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    In Sweet Springs MO. About 465 miles to delivery in Olive Branch Mississippi. Load delivers Monday morning so getting there today to do my 10 and hopefully they'll have a load for me first thing Monday after unloading. Will see what happens. Nonetheless i want to be ready to roll

10. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Next load is back to UT. I delivered first thing 8am in Olive Branch MS. Then dispatch sent me to Jonesboro AR to pickup a freezer load heading to springville UT. Fortunately one of my friends had been there at the pickup before and let me know my load was probably ready early it's a drop & hook place. Because our messaging said "live load appt @ 19:30. Sure enough, i went in early, like 8 hours early. It was ready, hooked up and gone. In Oklahoma now.

Sometimes what comes across the messaging system is screwed up dosen't seem to matter where you work there is problems like that. I had the time to be early so my rule of thumb is just go or call dispatch to find out if the appointment is correct.

Roll on!

11. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Still rolling! Out of Utah took a load out of my last drop. Another heavy one which was good because encountered some snowflakes in Wyoming. No worries though. Roads were closed for most of the day. Waited that out and went on to Ohio.
    Out of Ohio got a load back to Jonesboro AR.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.