Running With Shipex

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by atruckr, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Probably right.

atruckr Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Yep still here. Trucks are governed at 66 with passmart option to go up to 69mph for passing. You get 30 minutes a day for passing. They let us pick the routes. They have a fuel solution for some of the runs. It seems to be a work in progress because it doesn't work very often. We only fuel at P Flying J and a few of the Sapp brothers. You choose and or follow the fuel solution when available. Hope that helps!
    Andrew Pier

Lonesome and Bumper Thank this.
  4. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
  5. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    ?? Where did you get that from. Just like any other place we run how we want for the most part depending on load scheduling of course. Some guys drive nights some drive daytime you choose and figure out best way to run your loads to deliver on time

6. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    I think you misunderstood. But who knows things change. I run like i want with the load schedule in mind. If they assign me something I don't think I can do safely i discuss with my DM and they will reschedule the load.

7. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    You get a 1 day off for every week you are out. Depending on where you live you can get home when you want as long as you have days available to take off.

8. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    We also have a mile off competition every month where they put you against another driver. The one with the most miles over 10,000 wins. If you win they turn your truck up to 70mph 73on passmart. I won 2 months in a row so I'm in 70 mph truck. Plus they give away swag and blue beacon truck washes after you get your truck turned up.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    So a lot has happened in last couple weeks. Had my wife and dog with me. Had a great time except Big red got really sick. Engine regen problems. At one point after being worked on at TA ended up getting towed to Freightliner. After that repair the truck came out with more problems low power on hills, engine fan running on high constantly for no reason. Plus cruise not working right. It was a mess. 20190817_234115.jpg
    Finally got back to Salt Lake and the put me into this truck temporarily which is newer than big red but is still used. They assign me to a brand new truck hopefully coming in a few weeks. So far so good!
    Keeping me rolling! I like the Purple so my new truck is Purple as well. 20190829_061431.jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  10. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    So Im in Salt Lake now at the Yard. Put in to be home on the 6th for 4 days. They got me set up to run a load from here going to New Jersey. Waiting on another driver who is bringing it from Oregon.
    Then I'm supposed to meet up and swap loads with another driver who is coming from New Jersey heading to Las Vegas. That will be my going home load. This should be an interesting run, all around trip viva Las Vegas :D . I might even be home a little early if all goes well.

mushroom1464 and Vic Firth Thank this.
  11. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    That's good you figured out early it wasn't for you. It's not for everyone that's for sure.

Bumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.