Running With Shipex

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by atruckr, Oct 20, 2018.

1. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Yes I left ShipEX. My main reason for leaving was more of a business decision than anything else.
    I enjoyed my time there as you probably noticed from this thread. It was good for me at the time.
    In a nutshell, I wanted something more and I found it at Ashley. Home weekly, better pay, better health insurance for both me AND the wife. Retirement, profit sharing, bonuses. Only down side is probably the truck I'm in is smaller but still has a refrigerator and inverter so it gets the job done. The truck is an 2018 Volvo automatic. It rides nicer than the freightliner. Kinda like cruising in your mom's old Buick. Lol.
    Well anyways,
    If you are looking into ShipEX i will be more than happy to give you the pro's and cons. Be safe my friends.. Truck on!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Nothing wrong with improving your situation...anytime you can get better benefits and pay and be home regularly is a plus..

Lonesome, Bumper and atruckr Thank this.
  4. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Absolutely

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    That is true they should do a salary increase for guys that stay at least once a year. Some guys do stay there, it just depends i guess. I saw a lot guys leave too. In my search I did come across a company that was very similar to ShipEX with salery driver health insurance and productively bonus. However they paid $1250 a week plus every 6 months they do a review and if you qualify you will get a $50 a week raise. They offered me $1300 a week to try and help me make the decision to come aboard. At the time I was still talking to Ashley so I rejected it. BUT I thought it was great they were at least willing to increase your salary pay. The company is called "Great Plains Transport" out of North Dakota. Seemed like a good place not sure. It still couldn't beat what Ashley was offering but nonetheless it beats what ShipEX is doing. I didn't work there so not completely sure about that statement. But on paper it looks like a better deal.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    smokey12, Rugerfan, Bumper and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Good for you, driver. Nothing wrong with bettering yourself. Keep us updated!

JohnBoy and atruckr Thank this.
  7. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I have heard good things about Great Plains Transport. From what I understand his brother owns Holland Enterprises, another good company from what I hear. I may give one of these two a try in the next year or so.

atruckr Thanks this.
  8. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Another thing that was different is they run their trucks into the south alot Texas, Mississippi, Southern California etc.. and don't bring you back to North Dakota that much like ShipEX brings you back to Salt Lake weekly because they have that fresenius account. It sounds like they run you back and forth across the south. That's a plus in the winter.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I dunno I do see quite a few GPT and Holland at home in Alabama. I see Shipex all over 80 in Wyoming which seems to be their main running lane

atruckr Thanks this.
  10. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Yes ShipEX runs the 80 in and out of Salt Lake. They also run south down to 40 sometimes to go to Texas or Into the southern states

Lonesome, Bumper and smokey12 Thank this.
  11. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I saw an ad on FB today from Shipex. It claims that you can make 100k a year your first year

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.