Rv towing

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Ddr1992 579, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Ddr1992 579

Ddr1992 579 Medium Load Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Can you park at truck stops while transporting travel trailers? Do motorhomes have air ride seats? Do motorhomes have to stop at weigh stations?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CoyoteExpress

CoyoteExpress Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Carlingford NB Canada
    stay away from Team RV ....
    CDL..
    you need for all combinations OVER 25999lb a CDL and you must file IFTA then
    Parking on Truckstops is ok but the most driver will hate you if you steal a Semi spot when there is a extra zone on the carside for RV
    The RV haulers must have the most newer trucks with extra tank and a lot of equicment
    sleeping in the "Load" is perbitten
    For sleeping in your Pickup you must see DOT/Fmcsa rules about the size of the bed

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Not exactly. To log sleeper berth one needs to meet the requirements of a sleeper, yes. One can still sleep in the back seat off duty if it's not a sleeper though.
    Can't do an 8/2 split, but that would be about all.

5. Shep Shiloh

Shep Shiloh Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2008
    IN
    Kind of surprised that he hasn't asked if he can haul RVs for a company that only pays in cash.

6. Ddr1992 579

Sep 10, 2018
    There's a reason why i dont like banks, or getting paid on payroll... I'll be paying taxes for a few things like purchases, property and land taxes... I prefer cash and I'm not looking for year round work... Spring, summer, fall and every year after the 1st year... Work slows down in winter almost everywhere and the non-winter seasons are busy so i prefer cash but long work days

7. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    :walk:Ahhh a fairweather driver…do you have a tendency to shut down for the day just as the streetlights come on?

8. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    You've been told this before by several different people but I'll bring it up one last time.
    The only people who will hire you for seasonal work and pay you cash under the table are people who you don't want to be around. If they'll break the law for you, they'll break the law in how they treat you. You won't be able to do a darn thing about it either. You'll be left standing there with a frown on your face, empty pockets, and maybe some major trouble with the law.
    The people who employed you, being used to doing business the way they do, will have covered their tracks and hung you out to dry.

Rocks, Shep Shiloh, Ruthless and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Ddr1992 579

Sep 10, 2018
    I'm trying to get it across to people that i would like for them to not judge me... Idk yet about this site...

10. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

Hmm... if being “judged” by people on an Internet forum is too rough: how’s it going to feel when authorities are judging you? The ideas you’ve brought about here and in other areas are not good ones. Regardless if they’re your ideas or someone else’s: they are bad ideas.

If there were shortcuts that worked: they wouldn’t be shortcuts-they’d be the way things are done.

11. colorado18spd

colorado18spd Medium Load Member

Mar 10, 2013
    great quote.

BoxCarKidd and Ruthless Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.