RV Transport Drivers

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by justgreene, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    The other aspect to contend with is whether the RV shipper you work with even has the loads to keep a lowboy trailer busy enough. In my case with the smaller outfit, they definitely did not. I think one guy ran a roll off trailer and it was parked half the time at the yard while he was doing a single pull delivery, because that's all he could get. Maybe at the larger outfits like Horizon or Indiana Transport they have the freight to keep a trailer guy busy full time...not sure I only worked for the one outfit for 6 months and I could tell there was not really any sensible opportunity to expand into that, although I was interested at first before realizing it made no sense unless I switched companies. Then I realized it was bad idea doing single pull anyway running too many miles for not enough money and got out of it entirely just now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Never did the campers but my guess is he was operating his own numbers. His wife getting his return trip. I bet the larger companies just running factory to dealer, collecting monies from factory and not caring about the owner operator.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.