Rvs express llc?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by TruckingSurveyor, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Shawhawk

Shawhawk Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks, i want to be an owner op one day and i see alot of those on craigslist but i just dont know what it means

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    Before signing on with any company, make sure you ask a lot of questions, like, who is paying for what and how you are being paid. Some pay a flat rate per mile, some a percentage of the load. Who pays for base plate? Who pays for insurance? Are they charging trailer rent? Just a few starter questions.

4. Shawhawk

Shawhawk Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    I talked to Artur Express today after seeing this post to see what they offer, they told me that no experiance required to be an owner op, as long as you have a truck and i ask all the questions above and they said their going to take care of it. Maybe its true, now im actually intersted on beeing an owner op even if i have less than 1 year experiance.

5. Freddy57

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    I am now contracted to Artur as a motor carrier and I can tell you that they are good to work with. They will keep you running with some good paying freight. No forced dispatch, so pick the loads you want and turn down what you don't. They provide good trailers at no extra charge. I really enjoy working with them and I think you will too.

6. Shawhawk

Shawhawk Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    So is it true what they said about the permits and insurance that they'll cover it?

7. Freddy57

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    From my place, being an actual motor carrier, I provide my own insurances. That said, Artur insures the trailers so I don't have to carry interchange insurance and they provide the cargo insurance so I don't have to. Those are a lot of money off my monthly insurance bill. As an OO leased to them, they have quite a bit that they pick up for you, but I don't have first hand experience with that part of their business. I was an OO leased to RVS, working with Artur, but not Artur itself.

8. Shawhawk

Shawhawk Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Thats a good advice about the insurance i'll do that, any other advice for a future OO

9. Freddy57

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    Looking at Arturs OO page http://www.arturexpress.com/careers/owner-operator, they offer a lot. The insurance program is worth it's weight in gold as far as not having to go it alone. I have talked to a few of their OO's and they are very happy with how Artur takes care of them.

When you buy a tractor, make sure it is a late model, I recommend at least a 2010, so that you get a DP filter system on the truck, otherwise you can't run California legally. Make sure the truck is in sound condition and will last a while before you have to start fixing it. It takes a few thousand dollars beyond the purchase price to outfit the truck and get it on the road so make sure you have some money in reserve after the purchase. Good luck to you and do let us know how it is going for you.

10. Shawhawk

Shawhawk Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    So whats an extra step after buying a truck? Isn't after buying it just get a USDOT# and MV# too? Is there more?

11. Freddy57

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    My final word on RVS is stay away....you can thank me later when you don't go through hell with them. My experience with them has not been good. Just glad to be away from them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.