?s about Prime

Discussion in 'Prime' started by kadmiel812, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    That $200 for "food and incidentals" is a loan paid back at $25 a week.

There is no pay for upgrade. Just room and food. If you have to wait for a truck assignment after Friday then arrangements can be made with your fleet manager for layover pay. If you are assigned a truck an it's in the shop then you can arrange break down pay. However you cannot collect both.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. silenteagle

silenteagle Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    Funny you should mention this... For the new driver that asked the question, you could have helped yourself had you not been lazy, and just read the thread: http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...27-new-prime-inc-what-expect-springfield.html

4. silenteagle

silenteagle Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    The SCOOP could have been found in the thread : http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...27-new-prime-inc-what-expect-springfield.html

5. TruckerButch

TruckerButch Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2013
    I'm pretty new to these forums here but I'm almost done with trucking school and I was just stuck on deciding between the three companies Werner, Stevens Transport and Prime. Werner's recruiting always comes out to our school, I think Stevens has some really nice trucks and it seems that there are more people that like Prime. I'm just curious what others on this thread has to say. Thank you and I'm going to go back and read other posts.

6. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Check the pay; Prime pays better than most for new drivers.

I haven't heard much negative about Werner or Stevens, other than a lot of Werner traffic is for Dollar General, deliver to store... City traffic, poorly located loading docks, and 100% driver unload... what's not to love???

7. fuzed1

fuzed1 Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Good luck $lim I hope it all works out for you. be safe..

$lim Thanks this.
  8. puresky91

puresky91 Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Hello all, I have been talking to a recruiter for the past month deciding when I want to ship out. My date is the 21st of may, First question I am in the army national guard, I know it will be about 2 months before I can go home. Now after that 2 months will I be able to make it to drill on time or will the fm mess me around? Also did anyone else's recruiter seem reluctant to call you back, email you, or talk to you in general?

9. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    It's not reluctance, it's they're busier than five-tailed puppy dawgs. Youll find that Prime values its veteran and Guard drivers. Just work with your FM on your training commitments.

10. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    We had a fleet manager receive an award this year from the National Gaurd for his efforts on getting one of his drivers to Gaurd commitments on time everytime.

Driver nominated his fleet manager to the Gaurd as an outstanding civilian employer that supports the mission of the National Gaurd.

Pretty cool deal

11. gmanwalker

gmanwalker Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2013
    do prime do team me and girl want come there and do they have a wait for women to get train?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.