S&S Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LDYTRUCKER, Sep 5, 2018.

1. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    I was supposed to deliver tomorrow. Got about 80 miles out of Fargo and they said to deliver it tonight when I arrived in town. Already had my next load ready, a little over 1k miles that I load tomorrow.

Though itll be interesting hauling near gross max weight in two days. Running on recap now, and only have 17 hours total. I'm going to have to use every last second possible.

Bluedew Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Well, I got a load finally. I deadheaded almost 300 miles to Wahpeton, ND then to 120 miles to Grand Forks. I got here at 4 30, and my truck will go in for hopefully outpatient surgery on DPF system. It "supposed" to take 4 hrs, but we shall see. I don t want to be stuck in Grand Forks no longer than I have to

LDYTRUCKER Thanks this.
  4. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Did I see you on I 94 yesterday like around 11am?

5. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Well the trip to dealership went smooth. Got there at 8am truck went in shop at 8 30. At 2 30 I had 2 brand new DPF filters.The old ones were 100% clogged and 408,000 miles on them. I m scared to even know what the grand total on 2 of those plus 5 hrs of labor. Now waiting to load in Fargo going to Janesville, WI. Could ve took a Kentucky load, but wanted to add a few more miles to this week s check. This will be one of the lowest week s Ive had so far

LDYTRUCKER and Bumper Thank this.
  6. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    You probably did.

I delivered to Fargo a day early and they sent me out on a run to Ohio. The shipper gave the wrong address...in the wrong state. I was unable to make my appt time yesterday at 2 PM in Ohio lol. I ate up a day of driving while it was all figured out. Not sure where I'm heading next. My dispatcher has a fresh dispatch trainee with him. Hes going to get to know me very well lol.

Bluedew, Lonesome and bigkev1115 Thank this.
  7. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Yeah that new guy looks a little lost at times. I m sitting here in Fargo getting loaded to Janesville. Hopefully get a good kick start to next week

Bluedew and LDYTRUCKER Thank this.
  8. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Today was interesting. After I picked up at Wausaukee, I headed to Grand Forks for a Monday delivery. In the back of my mind was raising all kinds of hell from the thought of being stuck in Grand Forks. So I thought the positive of a long load for Monday morning. So as I came through Duluth, the phone rings.

Its the planner, he sees me about 4 hrs away, and had a load that need to be covered, it was from Grand Forks to Corry, PA easy 1200 miles. So I called the warehouse to see what they wanted me to do with the load since it delivered at the yard Monday. They did not get right back.

So about 10 minutes later, I get a call from the planner again with another load. The driver who was supposed to take it, had truck issues. So now I get a 1500 mile run to GA. The only thing is I m still 4 hrs from the yard, and its got to be in GA Monday at 8. I told him I see what I can do, but it won t be 8am. He just told me to do the best I could. Finally, the warehouse called back and told me to drop it an open dock.

I think he may have forgot I m on E logs with a 67-68 mph truck. Now if it was still paper logs, I would ve been in GA Sunday night with ease. I m now taking my 10 in Maple Grove, MN and will try to shoot for either Effingham or Mt Vernon tomorrow

Once I reach GA, it will be a good start with 2400 miles for the week

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Yesterday was the first time ever that I got a preplan sent about an hour before delivery. I made it into Gainesville around 1130, but had to take my 30 about 5 miles away from delivery. I multi-tasked and went to Walmart to restock the truck. I got to delivery unloaded and reloaded going to St Cloud within 2 hrs.

Left Gainesville and made it to Resaca, Ga. Got up at 3 30am and made it to the Blue Beacon in Antioch, TN for a much needed truck wash.

Now I m sitting in Mendota, IL and will finish out this 1235 mile trip, weather permitting. This will set me at 3554 for the week

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    You're about to get the snow fall here very shortly... Iowa is a mess right now

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  11. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I m stopped in Mendota, IL. Might do restart here since 6hrs 28 mins won t get me to St. Cloud

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.