S&S Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LDYTRUCKER, Sep 5, 2018.

1. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Well, today was the first time ever that I had to relay a load in all of my years of driving. This could ve easily been avoided if the planners would have let me do a restart in Mendota. I told them if I moved yesterday, I could not move today. Well they insisted that I moved, so I m like ok whatever.

I made it to Menominee, WI yesterday and reminded them that I could not move because I had no time on my 70. So about 1230, my relay came and got my trailer, and was raising hell over already rescuing another load today. If I had done my reset like I wanted to, the load would ve been there at 10am instead of 3pm.

I absolutely hate when people have to go out of their way to help me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Two weeks and your moving to be close to office? Good luck hope all goes well SERIOUSLY I do. But two weeks ain't enough time to tell if they keep the bathrooms clean

4. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Lol, that they do. The cleaning person only has 5 toilets on the entire premises. The only dirty toilet is when someone blew it up before you got to it

5. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Its been awhile since I ve posted. Here s an update of what I ve been up to. The first two weeks of January were slow, and every since then, things have been flowing smoothly. I ve had a couple of 4000 mile weeks, and I ve already made of half the gross that I made in 2018 in 2.5 months. My average length of haul has been 1200 miles.

We re still waiting on new trucks to arrive. I ve seen a few trucks that we re renting until the new ones come in.

There s a few things that could be better, but the good outweighs the bad, so therefore I m staying

Lonesome, dwells40 and Bumper Thank this.
  6. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    Been awhile since I've updated. Hope you're still going good BigKev!

I hit my first 3,800 plus mile week. Stoked about that. Been running steady. They're pulling me out of my truck so they can use the cameras for a new driver. Not sure which make I'll be getting, but hoping it's a 2020.

Still darn happy, and we've talked about training since we are down to one female trainer. Still have a few months left until that will happen, but I'm willing to help if it means getting more dedicated and safe females into the company.

They are hiring in quite a few new CDL holders with no experience. I'd still recommend them for both new and experienced drivers.

7. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Hey, its good to hear from you. I haven t seen or heard from you in a minute. Things have slowed down a little for me. I m trying to get back in the rhythm of things. I used to get 3000 plus miles without any effort, now I have to work a little harder to get 2800. There s been a few times I ve thought about walking away, but managed to stay.

They re trying to push that training stuff on me as well, I don t think I could do it after the fiasco last month with a student in my truck for a week. That was a week of hell. But thankfully, they paid me for all his troubles. I don t have the patience like I used to.

My truck is scheduled to be traded off soon, so it will be a matter of time before I get in a new one.

Now, I m on my way to Tacoma for tomorrow night delivery

LDYTRUCKER, Vic Firth and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Training can be a nightmare..I've done it before and simply won't anymore because too many of these trainees come out here and think they know it all and don't want to listen.. I've had very few pass when i trained them. The ones i passed followed instructions while those who didn't blatantly ignored my instructions.. one even saying he was not going to listen and figure it out in his own truck.

Vic Firth, LDYTRUCKER and bzinger Thank this.
  9. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I will go more into the details on the trainee. His trainer left him in AL, because he had a family emergency. I was in route to Anniston to deliver. As I passed through my hometown, Davis, the training coordinator asked could I pick up a student in Oxford since I lapped another driver getting to Anniston.

So I offered, and picked him up the next morning. The first two days were good, then on the third day, I get a call from Safety telling me that I would not take him to Walmart. I told safety that as soon as we got unloaded I wouldn t have a problem taking him to a Walmart. So S and S paid for his Uber, YES, Uber to take him to Walmart while I got unloaded. Then he told our safety lady some made up BS about he can t eat truck stop food. We passed several Walmart s in KY, OH, and PA and he didn t say a word until NY Thruway to ask about a Walmart.

So now I didn t have nothing else to say to him the next 3 days. When we stopped for the night, he d call is Uber and did what ever, so when I got to St Cloud, he got off my truck and went back to Grand Forks with another driver that said he was a pain too

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Today was a good day, I got started just west of Kellogg, ID and made my delivery 10 hrs early in Tacoma. The place is called New Cold. I pulled in, checked in, and got a door instantly. I slid my tandems, backed up to the door, and was unloaded in 45 mins.

It was even a better day when Snoqualmie was a wet surface versus a icy, slushy, snowy road. 1500 miles in just over 48 hrs. Now I m relaxing in hotel until they call me since there are no truckstops in Tacoma. That Pilot isn t really a truckstop, and the Loves is demolished

LDYTRUCKER Thanks this.
  11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Sounds like the trainee needs to be cut loose

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.