S&S Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LDYTRUCKER, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Boy is that the truth. I always got a red light with the company I just left. I am praying for green lights with Shipex!!

Metallica88, LDYTRUCKER and bigkev1115 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Thanks. According to Matt, its $10/hr after 4 hours, and that s what they pay when I submit it through PeopleNet.

Get on my level? Lol. I m trying to get on your level. You re the face of the company now. Your last name might as well be Seng, lmao

I just wished S and S had these heavy loads that I ve been hauling lately during the winter.

44,000 from Grand Forks to MA
    41, 000 from Jamestown to Anniston
    41,000 from Gainesville to Grand Forks
    Now 43,000 to Park Rapids to Richmond

4. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    That was last July. I doubt we re getting a pay raise soon. I could be wrong. They just bought 40 brand new trucks, and 100 plus new trailers

LDYTRUCKER Thanks this.
  5. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    Well darn it. I feel like a total liar now. For some reason I thought it was $20, and that's what I've been telling everyone. I'm glad this came up, cause I dont want to give out wrong info.

Oh you. Lol! I wouldn't go that far. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Talk to Susan when you get to grand forks. She will interview you and take some pics for promotional material. I know they're planning a video sometime soon too. Although I'd say it's less about me, and more about the fact I travel around with a cat haha! My friend started an Instagram for my cat, and she is way more popular than i will ever be!

This load is 42,000. My mpg was almost 10. Not anymore!

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  6. is it still the two ladies that own it hence the name S&S?
    also like other people say Don't just uproot and move north what I advise you to do did really see if you want to for about 6 months if you decide to take time off up there get a room for 2 or 3 days and then Rent-A-Car.. spend some time in the area and make sure you're really comfortable about wanting to leave and move up there that fast and wait for about six months until winter comes and then really decide if you want too. or if you want to go home for like a week get one of those InTown suites and stay there for a week explore the area.

7. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I don t know about 2 women owning it, but it was founded by Pat and June Seng. Now June and her sons run
    Susan took a pic of me Friday for the next news letter. I looked rough. I like to have a fresh haircut, shave and dressed decent before any kind of pics lol

LDYTRUCKER Thanks this.
  8. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    I enjoyed my first ND winter, -65 and all. I've decided to look for land anywhere along our main lanes. Still have time though, since I'd like to pay cash. Right now, I'm just driving and saving. I'd really like to be near Grand Forks, but it's a bit expensive in that area. Who knows what I'll eventually find.

9. there you go good luck.

LDYTRUCKER Thanks this.
  10. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Well this week will be a very short week. Only 1600 miles total because of dead freight in ND last weekend. But by Saturday afternoon, I will have more miles on next week s check than I had this week. Once I empty in Richmond, I reload in Havre de Grace, MD back to Grand Forks.

That little break was well needed last weekend, especially when you ve ran over 10,000 miles in 3 weeks

LDYTRUCKER Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.