S&S Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LDYTRUCKER, Sep 5, 2018.

1. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    Like I said, I dont have an orientation towards females like she does. I was straight up told, to my face, she was ok to train males because she isnt attracted to that gender. That right there screamed that skill isnt at the forethought. So I'm good doing my own thing. This isnt the first time in my life its happened, and it wont be the last time. I get it.

TB John Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Well there went my good weekly average. I was lucky to get 1900 miles in before my truck went from the shop to Freightliner for a wiring issue. Also this will probably be the 2nd time this year that I won t make the top 20 in miles either. I wished they would let me continue on paper logs or have a loaner truck, but non available. I ve been in Grand Forks since Tuesday, and been in the hotel every since.

I was able to stop in and partake in some of the driver appreciation festivities. They had a good breakfast yesterday, and I did not bother to attempt to go back to the yard today because its raining here and if you ve been to the yard when it rains or snows, its a mess. So hopefully I can get a good load for the weekend and make up my average before I go home for a week

I was hoping truck would be ready today to run at least a 1000 mile run before payroll cutoff tomorrow, but usually when I had a low mileage week, they give me a run that is almost as equal the total miles this week to start off next week. Hopefully, there will be a good trailer available once I m ready to roll

LDYTRUCKER and TB John Thank this.
  4. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Well after 3 days of stuck in a Grand Forks hotel due to electrical problems with my truck and still no solution on what s causing the issue, I got a loaner truck. Mysteriously, they did not have a loaner truck until Friday. I m in a Kenworth. I would have rather stayed and lost money further than drive this truck.

This truck could not pull a thong out of a woman s ### if it wanted to. 11,000lb load and climbing hills at 45mph. In my Cascadia it wouldn t have dropped below 60 with the same load. Its even worse when Werner, JB Hunt, and Swift blows by you on flat ground when the speedometer is showing 67-68. I just hope I reload out of Gainesville or Lawrenceburg heading back to Grand Forks to get my truck back before they do the unthinkable of putting someone in my truck before I get back.

Metallica88, dwells40, Bumper and 3 others Thank this.
  5. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Do you team drive with a trainee?

6. Metallica88

Nov 27, 2017
    Just saw an add for S&S on indeed.com. Thinking about applying and see what they say. I got my cdl in 2017 it's been a rough start. I haven't driven since January 2019 but I've been missing driving and making real money.

LDYTRUCKER and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    No

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  8. steven7994

steven7994 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2013
    How are they paying you as a trainer?

9. Metallica88

Nov 27, 2017
    Do they still have ten speeds in the fleet?

10. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Read

11. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    Yes.

Metallica88 and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.