S&S Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LDYTRUCKER, Sep 5, 2018.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Houston,Tx
    Hopefully that solves the issue with the truck once and for all...electrical issues are the most nerve wracking issues to solve sometimes..

Tx Countryboy and bigkev1115 Thank this.
  2. JForce28

JForce28 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2019
    How does S And S get new drivers to orientation? Flight, rental car, or greyhound?

3. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I m not sure if its changed or not, but when I came aboard, they made me pay my way to orientation, and they would reimburse all travel expenses up to 350.00 along with orientation on the 1st check.

They were good about helping me get to Grand Forks, I have a passport and flew into Winnipeg. It was half the price of flying into Grand Forks and Fargo. I remember Grand Forks and Fargo wanted $352 one way, and Winnipeg was $157 one way.

JForce28 and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Well, I m glad this week is finally over. I got my truck back Monday evening, and since I paid for Monday night, I went back to room, and left out Tuesday and bobtailed back to Janesville. Truck runs like new and no more issues yet.

I got to Janesville, and had to wait on a driver to bring the rest of load going to Winnipeg and drop it in St Cloud, since it took the last driver 13 hrs to go 366 miles, when it took me 6 hours, and stop to fuel and get a bite to eat. I dropped trailer at our customer and bobtail to Pilot since there were no empties.

The next day still no empties. Waited 2 more hours and finally had a driver to give me his empty. Now I had to go 145 miles to Wahpeton, then go 755 miles by 11 am Thursday. I got to Wahpeton at 1330 and 1745 I was headed to IN.

I got a text on my break and the appointment was reschedule to 630 Friday AM. I got to my delivery and got unloaded in 18 minutes. Then I had to deadhead to Romeo MI 315 miles.

All was well until I seen the low tire pressure light come on. The LRO tire and the right trailer light burned out. I stopped in Monroe to get those fixed. 3 hours later, I m headed to Romeo. Now I m fighting Detroit traffic and dispatch bugging me and me bugging them about not making it.

I pulled into Romeo with 15 minutes to spare or would be stuck there til Monday. So I got loaded, made it to MI now sitting in WI waiting to unload and hopefully towards the house

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted