S&S Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LDYTRUCKER, Sep 5, 2018.

1. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    yea you can actually go to a park and not have to deal with a homeless camp and nobody is camping under the bridges when it's 20 below

Zangief, Bluedew, drvrtech77 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Nobody likes North Dakota. There just stuck
    There and can't get out.
    That's why it's the least populated state in
    The country.
    It's where convicts on the run go to hide.

Every kid in high school is on the internet
    Right now trying to find a way out of there.
    As far away as they can possibly go.
    Before they get stuck up there like thier parents.

Truck driver in North Dakota, sorry you can't
    Pay me enough.
    I guess somebody's got to do it.

4. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    I like ND on 94.........between April and October ;)

Vic Firth and LDYTRUCKER Thank this.
  5. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Actually ND is NOT the least populated state, that honor belongs to Wyoming, it also ranks ahead of Alaska and Vermont. The notion that convicts on the run go there and hide is ludicrous. :rolleyes:People on the run want to blend into a crowd, there aren't any crowds in ND. Newcomers are a curiosity and generally "scrutinized" by the locals.

6. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Wyoming,north Dakota,Alaska.
    Does it make a difference.
    Old,cold, and miserable. All the same.
    Frozen in six months out the year.

7. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    I think what it all comes down to is different strokes for different folks. I've lived east to west coast, rural and big cities. I prefer open roads, no traffic, and minimal amount of people as my neighbors so I can have my farm animals in peace. Also snow and seasons!

That's the great part of being OTR, you get to choose where you'd like to live. Be thankful that you have either settled down somewhere you love, or that despite all the bad parts of being OTR, you are free to choose your own little slice of heaven.

8. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Nothing wrong with north Dakota and have fond memories of growing up in Fargo and grand forks .
    In either city its a quick drive over into Minnesota for lakes galore , snomobiling , fishing , hunting etc .
    The humidity there isn't 80pct all the time like where I currently live lol.
    Grand forks is home to UND which produces high quality hockey players and the Exellant games to attend .
    Both areas have excellent entertainment , restaurants and shopping .
    Also the red river is a cat fisherman's paradise .
    Don't worry about that chain thing because if 29 and 94 are bad enough you need chains they will be closed .
    Do pay attention to the weather there in the winter because when they say blizzard warning or road closed they arnt joking and it doesent have to snow much there to have 0 visability .
    I'd move back if I had a reason to ....welcome to the red river valley ...mountain romoval project completed .
    Also home to the lake agazzie yacht club .

9. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    steering wheel holders are a dime a dozen in phoenix
    they are always complaining about cheap wages and not much loads
    there are tons of drivers and trucking companies in the northern states and canada
    they are not chained up 6 months of the year and shut down whenever there is a little snow on the road
    you should put the chains on in the yard to make sure they are the right size and the company will approve and help you..you might need to get over a mountain or out of a parking lot every now and then
    drain your air tanks on the truck and trailer at the end of every shift even in the summertime

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Reason for edit: content
  10. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I m looking into S and S myself. I just realized they now have a terminal 20 minutes from my house

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  11. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    Alabama? I dont know who you've drove for, but I am still extremely happy here. Worth giving a chance if you like what you hear!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.