S&S Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LDYTRUCKER, Sep 5, 2018.

1. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    As far as I ve heard, they re keeping 5 manuals and getting rid of 15 manuals

LDYTRUCKER Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    They will be only 5 manuals left in the fleet after they trade off the other ones

LDYTRUCKER and BlueThunderr Thank this.
  4. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    ouch,,,.ok, thanks for your response

LDYTRUCKER and bigkev1115 Thank this.
  5. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Well yesterday, I got loaded an hour early than scheduled due to the incoming snow to GA. Was loaded in 30 minutes and the guy who loaded me was all nervous about the snow lol. I told him its too warm to stick and it was. It was showing 38 degrees on my dash, and the snow was changing to rain around 1200 pm.

I was in shock to see GA actually using snow plows and using salt. They did a real good job on the roads. They were mostly wet with light slush. They even did a staggered column on I 85 North as if they had a foot of snow, but maybe 2 inches tops.

Everything went smooth until Chattanooga. I swear that place is worse than Nashville and Atlanta combined. Backups in both directions on I 24. Had a broke down Prime truck in the right lane messing up things. So after said and done, I made it to Pesotum IL rest area for the night

Today started off smooth until I got to Wisconsin and ran into Winter Storm Lamont, the roads were a little snow covered at first, then just wet, then around Mauston, it was snow covered and had ice. Then you had the 4 wheelers being stupid trying to drive 80mph on snow covered and icy roads. You cannot fix stupid in this part of the country when it come to its drivers.

Anyways after Osseo, roads returned to good driving conditions, and now I m sitting in Clear Lake for a delivery in St Cloud in the morning. I ran out of hours as soon as I parked

Vic Firth, JForce28, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  6. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I haven t been up to much lately since the last post. After I delivered in St Cloud, I deadheaded to SD for a 2 stop pickup instead of supposed to be heading to the house. So I went from SD to Grand Forks, then to Forest River, ND for a load of beans going to IN. I spent the night there due to the blizzard conditions that night.

I got loaded and waited until they lift the road closures, and headed to IN. After I got unloaded, went to Northern IN, then over to OH for a drop and hook then home. After I unloaded Monday, I was going to take off, but they offered me a 2000 mile run that I couldn t resist. It was from AL to GA to ND. I kicked that off and went 300 miles to pick up some more beans heading to OH. I m currently sitting 10 miles from customer.

Hopefully soon, I ll be transitioning to a dedicated run next month. Running OTR in the Midwest on repeat gets old. They ve been selling their sob stories on how I m the best driver, yadda yadda, and don t want me to take it. I told them I get tired of running the Midwest, and how its a hassle getting me home now. They used to be very good getting you home usually a day to day and a half early, but now its hell and high water getting home.

I mean I live 20 minutes from our biggest customer s plant, and most of the loads pass through the town I live in. Oh well enough of my rant, just keeping people who s interested informed on what s going on

dwells40, Vic Firth, Lonesome and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Gutter

Gutter Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2018
    Duluth, Mn
    Well, that’s concerning. I used to work with Jim and Devin at another company. They have pretty much talked me into coming over there. Maybe I should rethink my decision.

8. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Honestly, its not a bad company. Just lately they have been having a few miscommunication issues. If you re referring to Jim, an older guy, I like working with him, he seems very knowledgeable.

The good outweighs the bad here. I woke up early this morning and tried to reply back to you, but fell back asleep lol

Lonesome and Gutter Thank this.
  9. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    After I delivered my load of beans in OH, I deadheaded up to MI to pick up a load going to WI. I had called the Janesville yard to see what did they have for me to run once I got to the yard. I ended up dropping and hooking, and taking a 1,000 mile run with 5 stops in MN and ND. I left Janesville Tuesday morning, kicked off my MN load, and finished the last 4 in ND by 1100 am.

After I got empty, I deadheaded back to Grand Forks, picked up a load of flour going to South San Francisco for Monday. Once empty Monday, I reload in Lodi heading back to Bismarck for Thursday. It will be approximately 3850 miles for the week.

Its going to be interesting where I get sent after Bismarck. I will have to start heading back home the following week since I have been summoned for jury duty. Yaay me

10. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Last time i got summoned for jury duty they cancelled it but never changed their message letting us know not to come in

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  11. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    They told me in the letter to call the Friday before jury duty after 4pm. I don t know why they would wait until the last minute for me to call

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.