S&S Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LDYTRUCKER, Sep 5, 2018.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    A lot of times ore drivers are excused because of the schedules sometimes don’t get theme
    Their...I’ve gotten it canceled for that reason..

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Alabama sent me a letter where I had to go online and register for jury duty selection within 10 days, not even 2 weeks later, they sent me a letter saying to call them on March 20th after 4pm to get info on jury duty starting March 23. Good thing I only live 10 minutes from the courthouse

4. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I made it to So. San Francisco Saturday afternoon, and took at a 34 at the customer. It was a peaceful restart. I walked to a few of the restaurants near by for food, and etc. Monday rolled around, I got unloaded in 17 minutes, and pulled back out on street to let the morning rush die down. Even at 10am in San Francisco, traffic was still bumper to bumper.

I made it over to Lodi, took a shower, and headed to my pickup. I took a gamble to see if I could get loaded early. I arrived at 1pm for a 330 appt. And was given a door, and before I could get to dock, the lady had already loaded 3 of the 15 pallets. So at 140pm, I m back on the road, and headed to I 80 EB.

I eventually made it to Elko, NV Monday night, then made it to Laurel, MT last night, and now sitting about a mile from delivery in the morning.

As I was almost to Bismarck, my dispatcher called me and told me that they re transferring him to the inbound planner position, and my new dispatcher would be Jim, the outbound planner. I thanked him for all he s done, and hated to lose him as a DM. He was a big part of my success here. I have very little experience dealing with Jim, but so far dealing with him has been good. 3 Loads of 1500, 1100, and 1830 miles outbound.

I will keep you posted how Jim and I get along. If you have any questions ask away

Vic Firth, JForce28, Gutter and 5 others Thank this.
  5. Gutter

Gutter Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2018
    Duluth, Mn
    Hi Bigkev1115, I worked with Jim over at Grady Hudson and I loved the guy. He definitely kept me rolling and took care of me if I wasn’t. He was always a straight shooter and would run me as hard as I wanted. (2700 to 3500) He’s an old school OTR trucker and knows his stuff. In my 28 yrs as a driver I put him right up there with the best dispatcher I’ve had. His son Devin is good as gold too and Jim is teaching him the right way to dispatch. He was also a trucker.

I left Grady Hudson when Jim and his son Devin went over to S&S in December. In my opinion they were the glue holding that place together. They were the only dispatchers there. Jim has been trying to get me to come over to S&S since he got there.

I’m going to be starting over there on Monday so maybe I’ll see you around. I hope you have a good experience with Jim. Like I said, him and his son Devin are the reason I’m going there.

Thanks to you and LDYTRUCKER for all the posts on this thread. It has been very informative and helped in my decision.

6. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Welcome aboard in advance, even though I will be in Compton Monday lol. I hope you don t be in too much of a culture shock going from a 75 mph plus to a 67 mph truck lol. Jim is my dispatcher now, so far he s kept me rolling even when he was the outbound planner. His son Devin is the outbound planner now. They re both still learning the Peoplenet system which is a pain in the butt for everybody. They re both in the learning stages of learning drivers, and I m trying to learn them as well.

Today went fairly good so far. I unloaded at US Foods in Bismarck today. Showed up at 1030 for 11 appt. Got a door at 1140, and 1220 got a call to get my bills. I deadheaded to Fargo to pick up tomorrow, I took a chance to see if it was ready today. Once I got to Dakota Milling, my load was the only one not ready out of the 4 loading tomorrow. The man was super nice and told me come back by 9am, and he ll load me before everyone else is scheduled to be there. So in the am, I ll sneak back over there and get loaded and be down the road before my 12pm appt.

Not a bad start at all for next week, will be looking at roughly 2000 miles to start the week.

Now if Jim and Devin can convince Brian to turn these trucks up

Lonesome, drvrtech77, Gutter and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Gutter

Gutter Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2018
    Duluth, Mn
    Ha. Yep, I’m going to miss those 75 mph trucks. Especially on the west coast runs. Have a safe trip.

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  8. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Thanks.I ll be watching out for your posts and see how things are going as you come aboard.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. Gutter

Gutter Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2018
    Duluth, Mn
    Hi Bigkev 1115. I decided not to go with S&S. They just weren’t a great fit for me. I went to one day of orientation and decided not to stay.

I went back to pneumatic tankers here in Duluth. It’s where I worked before Grady Hudson.

Thanks to you and ladytrucker for all the info. Stay safe.

Lonesome, LDYTRUCKER and bigkev1115 Thank this.
  10. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    No worries! We all have our reasons for going with any company. It's great that you recognized it instead of coming on for a little bit and leaving them high and dry like most people do.

Wishing you all the best pulling the tankers. Stay safe out there! The world is going crazy right now lol.

11. Gutter

Gutter Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2018
    Duluth, Mn
    Haven’t heard anything from you guys in awhile. How’s it going over there? I enjoyed reading about all your travels.

LDYTRUCKER Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.