S&S Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LDYTRUCKER, Sep 5, 2018.

1. lilredexpress

lilredexpress Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2020
    Will they still hire out if Arizona? Since you started down here? Do you have a contact in recruiting?

Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    Yep! They hire out of AZ. Ill PM you the recruiters name and number.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Howdy y’all. I’m coming aboard on October 12th for a regional slot out of Grand Forks. Brian said I’ll also be going to Canada, which doesn’t bother me in the least.

Reason I chose here is 2 fold... Brian was straight with me, telling me what to expect and what not to expect. I had a friend who worked there in the past, in fact his dad and a brother are still there.

Other reason is my fiancée is living in Fargo and wants to see more than once a month, although I don’t know why. Lol.

Anyhoo I’ll help keep this thread going and post when I can. Until then I’m gonna enjoy my vacation and time off!!!

See y’all soon!!

5. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Welcome aboard.

hotrod1653 Thanks this.
  6. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Thank you!! I’m looking forward to this adventure. Hopefully I can meet up with you and @LDYTRUCKER sometime soon.

bigkev1115 and LDYTRUCKER Thank this.
  7. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    No regrets here after a couple months.

8. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I haven t posted in awhile, I thought I would chime in for a bit. Things have been very steady for me. I have been running anywhere from 3 to almost 5,000 miles some weeks. Sometimes at the end of the day, I just park and unwind and do it again. But since I m home, and have an open window for delivery the next few days I figured I would post.

I ended up getting a new truck since the last time I posted. Its taking awhile to get used to all the buzzers and etc on the 21 Cascadias. Thankfully, they have switches that can override the automatic steering and lane assist. One the 4th day of getting my truck, some A hole backed into me at the TA in Montgomery. By the time I got up and went outside to see who hit it, they were already gone. Of course I m furious getting out of my last truck without a scratch into a brand new one with a scrape and a crack on the driver side hood. So when my truck goes in for its first PM, they will take it to body shop and get it fixed.

I see we have quite a few new drivers that has came aboard, which isn t a bad thing. Some of them come up to me and have a conversation, and others I may say hello depending on what kind of mood I m in.

There are few things that needs work here like communicating, and driver s dropping equipment that is damaged, dirty, and OOS, and won t say a word or write it up if it has an issue.

For the last 2 years, they have treated me fairly well. October 18 will be my 2 year anniversary here. Looking forward to what the future holds here

9. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL

You could bring your fiancee to orientation if you wanted to. If she has a passport, I m sure S&S wouldn t mind let her ride along with you at times back and forth to Canada.

10. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I m easy to recognize lol. I don t think there s a person who don t know who I am at S&S. jk

11. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    Yeah, id say im pretty recognizable as well lol. But you won't see me unless you're down in Anniston. Im pretty sure I'm the only female here with blue hair and heavily tattooed LOL.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.