S&S Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LDYTRUCKER, Sep 5, 2018.

1. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    I drop and hook at the yard tomorrow to head to Nashville, otherwise I'd have stopped in Monday to say hi! I hope you're as happy here as I still am. I'm sure I'll run into ya at the yard or at one of the truck stops sometime=) All the S&S drivers I see at the truck stops are super nice and we always try to say hi to each other if we can.

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Actually, I got here yesterday, lol. Flew into Winnipeg now at the hotel waiting until Monday. On the way to Grand Forks, I had told Brian about your positive post about S and S, and when he mentioned a lady and her horses, I said yep, that s her. He had very good things to say about you.

So far, so good.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Bluedew and LDYTRUCKER Thank this.
  4. LDYTRUCKER

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    Well then, I'll pop in and say hi tomorrow. I decided to just enjoy the rest of my Sunday and catch up on some R&R. Plus, I need tire chains and fuel additive, and the shop ain't open today so that's my excuse. Lol.

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  5. LDYTRUCKER

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    An update for anyone interested.

I'm finishing up my 2nd month here, going into my 3rd. I'm still super happy with them. Still have yet to sit and wait for my next dispatch, and I still have all the miles I can safely run, usually between 3k-3.6k a week. Sometimes less if I dont want burnout so they give me loads with flex delivery when I communicate with my dispatch.

I'm loving the weather. 32 degrees right now and I want to play in the few patches of snow I've seen. I know it gets much colder, so bought all new winter gear suited for the low temps. Jury is still out on how much I'll like the extreme cold though. I'll be happy to complain about how miserable I am when the time comes lol.

Overall still a 10/10 for the company itself.

6. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    The cold isn t that bad, its that whipping wind that s rough

Bluedew and LDYTRUCKER Thank this.
  7. LDYTRUCKER

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    Yep. That's what is getting me. But it keeps rocking my truck back and forth which makes me unusually sleepy haha.

8. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I arrived at orientation Monday, everything went smooth. Normal orientation stuff, paperwork, videos, and the company meet and greets. I even had the chance to meet @LDYTRUCKER, a very nice young lady with a positive vibe.

I had already did drug test and computer classes before I got to Grand Forks which was a plus.

Today, I worked with PeopleNet, took my road test, which is a easy 5.5 mile trip around Grand Forks, and back to the yard. Back at hotel awaiting status of truck in shop before I take it to WI.

People here at S and S are very friendly, and will answer any question that you have, and encourages you to ask anything that comes to mind

9. LDYTRUCKER

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    It was great meeting you too! I know you have every number you need, but feel free to message me and ask for mine if you need it. I am always happy to help if you have any questions.

Welcome to S&S. I'll be seeing your name in our next newsletter lol=)

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  10. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Day 3 is complete. More PeopleNet training, and going over trailer protocol. Was supposed to leave today, but truck I m taking to WI has a few issues that needs to be taken care of. So back to hotel until probably Friday. No big deal, they re paying me while I wait on truck

I love the fact that they take great pride in their equipment, and will not let it go unless its 100% road ready.

11. LDYTRUCKER

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    Hope you're finally out on the road!

Got my first DOT inspection today. Just a level 2, but no violations. S&S is super happy about it. Just stay in touch with the shop if you need anything done. I had a coolant leak issue and my apu went wonky, they had my appointment set for each to get fixed immediately. I did also get breakdown pay, so now I've experienced it first hand. They follow through on everything they say, without a fight or issues.

Stay safe and keep us updated!

Bluedew Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.