S&S Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LDYTRUCKER, Sep 5, 2018.

1. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Yessir. Good ole PFG in Livermore. After he wrote the ticket, 10 minutes later I get a door assigment after waiting 3 hrs

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Carriers needs to stop delivering there...i know it won’t happen but if it ever did, it would force pfg to either move or light the city council up with the bs..

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  4. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Sounds about right for them. US Foods has(d) limited parking last time I was there. PFG got me right in last time I went there about 2yrs ago.

Sorry you got the ticket man. Hopefully Bud in Van Nuys treated you well.

I’m in lovely Kansas City, KS tonight. Unload some bad Kellogg’s cereal and other assorted stuff and then head for Emporia, KS going back to Winnipeg.

bigkev1115 and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I ve done that run that you re on. It was a load of boxes from Fort Wayne to KC, KS, then I went empty to Emporia. I like going to Camso in Emporia. barely long enough to get in a 30 minute break while loading.

The last time I did that run, that wind was rough, 40 to 50 mph crosswinds from KC to Emporia. But it was a nice tailwind heading back to Grand Forks

hotrod1653 Thanks this.
  6. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I checked in at Santa Fe Springs a hour and a half early. I read some posts on Google where they charge $110-$120 for early and late deliveries. So, I took a gamble, got a dock assignment, and was empty in a 1hr 15 mins. That gave me plenty of time to go to Blue Beacon in L.A to get a truck, trailer, and trailer washout before getting to Budweiser in Van Nuys.

I got to Van Nuys at 1130 for a 1200 appt. 1240 I was rolling out of the gate heading to Lathrop. Checked in at 0730 for a 0800 appt. 0830 I was getting my bills, and heading to Modesto.

I tried to check in early at E&J Gallo, as I have some good luck picking up from here. Well my luck ran out was told to come back at 1430 because all of the docks were full as well as the staging area.

I m sitting about a mile away on an abandoned buildings street killing time

hotrod1653, Bumper and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. hotrod1653

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    I had a load of bad Frosted Flakes and other assorted stuff from Kellogg’s in Omaha. The delivery had me wait a bit before they got me in a door. Had to scale in, unload then scale out.

Much to my surprise when I went to close my doors they gave me 8 straps. Yes 8 dang near brand new $40-$50 straps. The guy in charge said he did that because I was patient and nice to deal with.

Got to Emporia and ended up at the wrong dock area at first, got turned around out of that, then when I got to the right one i dang near had me a mishap. Misjudged my turn and ended up completely setting up wrong.

Thankfully I have a short turning truck and was able to get out of it with out knocking a couple stacks of pallets over. Lol.

Got home this morning, and enjoy a day or two off.

Lonesome, alds and bigkev1115 Thank this.
  8. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    People in Nebraska are some of the nicest people in the world. Never had a rude customer or bad experience. All of them talk to me like they know me.

The previous trip to Camso, I made the same mistake at Camso, and snapped the pigtail plug in to the trailer, and had to go bobtail to KW to get a new electrical line. Now I come in and counter clockwise and back in

hotrod1653 Thanks this.
  9. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I finally left Modesto around 1930 PDT Friday, after waiting 9 hrs for a door and getting loaded. Since I m on Central Time Zone, and it being 2130. I hauled tail to get far away from California as I possibly could. Being there 6 days, and running back and forth from the Bay area to L A got old very quick.

I ran until I couldn t take it anymore. I got to Winnemucca at 4am, took a 10, and now sitting in Livingston, MT. Hopefully, I can beat the winter storm, and make it to at least Fargo tonight. And either just reset, or run recap. Supposedly, I m heading to Fort Wayne next, but we' ll see

hotrod1653 Thanks this.
  10. hotrod1653

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Yeah I’ll do that next time, if possible. Lol. They actually had me out of there in no time flat. Weird system for chocking the wheels though. Asked my loader if I was supposed to roll over it and he said yep. He also told me I wasn’t the first driver to ask.

bigkev1115 and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    @bigkev1115

Happy to hear everything up north is still going well.

After I quit, I found out Don told S&S that he terminated me, so I had to have Sharon change my file in Hire Right. I'm not looking for another company now, but a termination will lose you good jobs. To anyone that is watching this thread and have quit (I know there are at least two that have quit out of Anniston on these forums), double check your status with Sharon. Its a petty way to get back at drivers that leave. If you are a newer driver, it really could hurt you in the future. Of course, since ND has no idea whats going on in Anniston, they just take Dons word for it.

Other than that, it seems the company as a whole is still chugging along, and I have still recommended drivers there, but absolutely to not train or work out of Anniston. I heard the trainer there had a few beers in the shop and he was told to take a trainee out. They aren't hanging onto anyone out of the Anniston terminal, and drivers have been leaving left and right, including new recruits and old timers.

I havent worked there in 4 months, and I am still dealing with harassment from one of the wives of a driver. She saw me working in the yard last year, and set her sights on me and did everything she could to try and get me fired, including taking drivers numbers out of her husband's phone and messaging them that she was my friend and talking all sorts of dirty to them as though I gave her their numbers. She didn't realize she had messaged a few drivers who's numbers I didn't have, but Don being Don, said there was no proof it was her and let it continue. To be clear, I never did anything inappropriate with any driver at S&S. Didnt date them, nothing. I finally had to text Don one of the messages she sent me about 2 weeks ago claiming she got me fired and will get me fired from my current company, and tell him I will take legal action if she contacts me again, and I will drag S&S into it because they allowed and continue to allow the harassment.

So this is my warning to females. Do not drive out of the Anniston terminal unless you like dealing with workplace harassment that carries over into your private life. You literally just have to exist there as a woman and Don nor S&S will do anything to stop any of it.

Aside from that, I'm happy to be out of that place and in a company where we all work closely together day in and day out and not one issue. We are like a big family. The way a small terminal or company should be.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.