S&S Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LDYTRUCKER, Sep 5, 2018.

1. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Yes, lol. I was at home, watch it pour down, and sun right back out. Since you now live in Alabama, somedays you will see it storm on one side of the highway and sunny on the other lol. Like for example, when I go to Gadsden, its raining on the NB side of 431, and sunny on the SB side lol. Crazy weather

Bumper, Lonesome and LDYTRUCKER Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Had a pretty decent week. Got to pull this lovely load of lumber yesterday, that was…. Something I don’t want to do again. I’m a self admitted door swinging tanker yanker. The Google map pic is where I delivered said load of wood. Had a cop come and ask what I was doing…. As I was undoing the straps. Wanted to give him a smart ##* reply but I didn’t.

Hope y’all had a good week.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    Lonesome and LDYTRUCKER Thank this.
  4. RampageGNS

RampageGNS Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2021
    NH
    Hey everyone been a bit figured I’d give everyone an update. I had my test yesterday, unfortunately the nerves got the best of me and I took too long and timed out. I passed the brake bleed down, pre-trip, and maneuvers, just didn’t leave enough time for the road test. They’re hopefully calling me today with a day next week to just come back for the road test. I was upset with myself but the school was like calm down it’s fine you didn’t fail any part you did good. So plan is still to come out to be with you guys just added another week probably to the wait. I hope everyone is doing well and been safe out there.

update: Just got the call I get to do the road test Thursday to finish off the test.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    Reason for edit: Updated information
  5. RampageGNS

Jan 27, 2021
    NH
    I PASSED! So happy I can finally start a new path in my life. Depending on if I can get my paper license issued tomorrow or have to wait for Monday, I should be starting with y’all next week or the week after.

Lonesome, hotrod1653 and LDYTRUCKER Thank this.
  6. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life! Lol.

Lonesome and RampageGNS Thank this.
  7. RampageGNS

Jan 27, 2021
    NH
    Thank you! Going to be doing regional out of ND

LDYTRUCKER Thanks this.
  8. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Companies are like shoes, different styles fit better on certain people. Sometimes you don't find out until you've worn them for a while.

I've been driving for S&S for 10 months now. I've had some minor irritations but overall they company has made sure they do well by me. I work out of Grand Forks and this is my experience with the people there.

My being at S&S is LDYTRUCKER's fault.

9. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    Lol! I'm glad its working out well for you. If I had stayed at ND instead of the Anniston terminal, I would probably still be there. You're right. Even at one company, one manager or dispatcher can make or break your desire to work there. If you find the pros outweigh the cons, best stick with it. If not, lots of companies are looking right now with competitive pay that may be a better fit.

Snow Hater and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    I'm finding working for a company that's not local can be inconvenient. I have no problem getting home when requested, most of the time. But, finding some place to park is a challenge since the metroplex has few truck stops within the outer suburbs. Free spots are rare. The cost of parking is high.

Sometimes I entertain the idea of driving linehaul for a local company. The money would be about the same and home time would be more frequent. Then I look at what I have and aside from being out 3+ weeks at a time and parking when home I don't have much about which to complain. Inertia rules!

LDYTRUCKER Thanks this.
  11. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I thought I would post since its been a minute. Nothing new really. Just been busy here and there, and finally have some downtime to chime in. Its been a busy June for me thus far. I ve ran over 13000 miles so far this month. Looking forward to some much needed time off.

Finally got my truck in the shop to get hood fixed, Detroit Assurance aligned. and the visor repainted since it started to chip and bubble. Keep in mind I ve only had this truck 9 months. Now it needs a new headlight since one of the studs that holds it in place is loose. Could ve got one Saturday, but I doubt S and S wanted to pay $500 plus in mileage to bring it to Petro. then have them mark up the headlight even more. So I will have to go to Anniston, Grand Forks, or Freightliner and get a new one.

The company has had its highs and lows since I last posted. The communication needs some serious work. Most of the time, I take things upon myself and get things done while they re twiddling their thumbs. Freight has been hit or miss lately too. Like now, I ran a total of 400 miles this weekend. Had a load going to WA, but it canceled. Now I m sitting at the Loves in Floyd IA since nothing is in Osage. I will either get sent to Grand Forks, Anniston, or St Cloud next.

Finally, our new trailers are coming in. Hopefully, they are are just the V series and not the VB series

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.