S&S Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LDYTRUCKER, Sep 5, 2018.

1. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Day 4. I was told that hotel was booked for the next few days. So I checked out, and about 15 minutes later I was asked did I want to do a load or wait on the truck. I took the load because being in Grand Forks 5 days got old quick. So I took a taxi to the yard, and got a temporary truck assignment.

I picked up in Grand Forks and took a 44,500 load to Minneapolis for Friday delivery.

Friday, I delivered in Minneapolis and was supposed to go back to Grand Forks to get day cab to take to WI, but it was still in shop. So, I got a load 10 minutes away in Plymouth going to West Columbia, SC for Monday morning. 1220 miles and a 8400lb load. Once I got loaded I headed down to Janesville to meet Darrin to swap trucks. I was glad to get out of that T680, and get into this Cascadia

Thankfully, I chose to do the load to Minneapolis, or I probably would be stuck in Grand Forks until next week.

Bluedew Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Today was a 650 mile day. Started in Lake Station, IN and now sitting in the welcome center off I 26 in SC. @LDYTRUCKER I seen you the other day on I 29 headed back to Grand Forks

4. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    I'm glad you got into a truck! I went back, dropped, hooked, and headed 1800 miles home for a few days.

Just keep in touch with your dispatch, communicate with them about when you're ready to get another load out, if you'll be late or early, etc. I constantly communicate with Darrin, and life is easy and I have miles coming out of my ears.

I always wave at other S&S drivers if I see them. Get used to S&S drivers doing that lol. I'll see ya around!!

5. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    After delivering my 1220 mile run, I deadheaded 270 miles to Whitakers, NC for a next day pickup. Near Kenly, Mike called and told me that the load was ready today. I got loaded and got a 1750 mile run to Winnipeg

Bluedew Thanks this.
  6. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I've read this whole thread but maybe
    I missed it somewhere.
    Did anybody ever mention what this
    Job pays.

All the other stuff is great.
    But is this a 8/9 hundred a week job
    Or 13/14 hundred a week job.
    Big difference between the two.

LDYTRUCKER Thanks this.
  7. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Depending on experience .42 to .46/mile with per diem up to 12 cents. As far as weekly pay, you can make at minimum 1100-1600 a week gross depending on how you run

Bluedew and LDYTRUCKER Thank this.
  8. LDYTRUCKER

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    I'm weird about talking about pay, but bigkev111 covered the range. I will say I'm on the lower end of the scale due to being a new driver, my lowest check was 900 gross or so due to a 5 day home time. My highest has been over 1500. I can honestly say I average about 1100- 1200 a week, but again, it depends on how you run. I tend to go balls to the wall for a few weeks and then slow it to avoid burnout once I'm on recap hours. From what I've read on these forums and others, because we have the miles, it's pretty good pay.

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  9. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I think they re trying to makeup for the very bad week last week. Once I deliver to Winnipeg Thursday, I will put truck in shop for a full service and then work on next weeks mileage. I think 3200 miles by Thursday is good enough for the week, then again they might make me short haul to MN again

10. LDYTRUCKER

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    They did the same when I put my truck in the shop to fix a coolant leak. I sat 7 hours, got breakdown pay, but still voiced my concerns about miles. They had me signed up for a run to TN but I ended up trading loads in WI to another driver to get home time as a favor. Brought my traded load back to Fargo, and they set me up with an 1800 mile run. They really try to be fair in my experience. Just gotta communicate=)

Cant wait until I have all my clearance to go to Canada.

11. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Ain't nothing to be ashamed of.
    Your lower end is a whole lot higher than a
    Lot of us when we started.
    I know people who've been out here 15 years
    And still haven't hit 40cpm.
    But they're happy where there at.

I'll take a few pennies less myself to
    Run the long loads.

LDYTRUCKER and bigkev1115 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.