Safety Gear

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by tifosi, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    1099 on sand boxes......run for the F'n hills dude. You sound very green to begin with and not knowing any better you'll prob get the screws put to ya. Not being mean in any way just dont wanna see a guy get screwed. Unless its like 2000-2500 and a firm 2000wk min i would steer clear.

Schlumberger or any of the bigger frac/cement companies will pay you right and offer decent bennies. You wont start at top rate but the ot alone could easily put you in the 80k+ range for your 1st yr. That's my advice

Crude Truckin' and tifosi Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Curious if he's been sitting because as of right now only one well is running.

4. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I know this guy is down here runnin cause I saw some Big Boy Ranch trucks.

Where you man?

5. tifosi

tifosi Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Yeah, I've been running. My O/O has been around and doing this for quite a while and knows how to keep the truck running. Been hauling step deck until the wells get going.

Sorry I haven't been checking the computer much because I've been busy and getting my life in order and sorting the truck when I have time.

I'm in Victoria this morning. Missed the pre-fill for a new well last night (A man needs to sleep sometime and I was outta hours) as it only ran from about 9pm to 3am. Well should be up this afternoon but we'll see.

Broke my phone last night (long fall from top of truck right onto the screen) so I will be heading to Verizon and getting that sorted out. Good to have a break to do that and get some laundry done.

Tomorrow will be the 7th day since I started and I hope to reach my goal for the first week but I will need about 4 or 5 loads in the next 36 hours to get that done. If not it has been good anyway. A lot of inefficiency this week just getting orientated to what's going on and sorting the truck both mechanically and lifestyle wise.

Y'all be safe out there!!

6. tifosi

tifosi Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2018

Thanks Brutha!

I'm pretty happy where I am at the moment. Everyone has different needs and I am (like everyone else) unique in what works for me. My history has been as an independent O/O for about 7 years in my late twenties to early thirties. Started independent over the road, the guy that taught me to drive was an independent and just showed me the ropes. Rented a truck from a cowboy outfit in NC and bought a 379 Pete a year later. Had a great time (selective memory I'm sure LOL). I then got back into the game in disaster relief after hurricane Katrina. I thought I was gonna get rich but broke even down there. What a cluster that was. Ran a hauling and grading business for several years after that in NC but was mostly just by myself.

Anywho, the point is I'm happy working with an O/O that lets me pretty much do what I want and can kinda show me the independent route to hustle around down here. Works for me anyway. I probably could do better financially if I went W2 and and wore a uniform and all that but I prefer the fringes a bit more. Not sure why just the way I'm wired.

My main goal is to be able to make a small chunk of change at a time and then take pretty big chunks of time off to be home with my wife and dog and have some money to travel with. I was mostly sitting around the house half broke and that wasn't working for me. I'm actually having a blast so far. I didn't realize how much I missed and enjoy trucking. Just the right balance of responsibility, hard work, freedom to be with my thoughts while driving and flexible schedule. Good balance for my personal chemistry.

Be safe out there!!!

7. tifosi

tifosi Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Now, if someone could tell me how to get some FR that ain't soooooooo HOT that would be great!!!!!!

8. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    They do make some FR that is a special weave of the fabric that breathes very well and is cooler, I worked with a guy that had some of those shirts, he really did like them. I don’t recall the brand or source but I’ll try to find out.....I bought some Red Hat FR shirts 100% Cotton that are a bit cooler than the polyester blends kaki colored. I like them OK. Glad to hear you’re busy, sorry to hear of your phone woes.....Good Luck, keep us posted!

RockinChair Thanks this.
  9. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I was running cans for the prefill last night. One of the 1st 20 trucks or so. It was a fuster cluck. Didnt roll out of the well site till 1:15 after being there for 2hrs at the staging area and helping the guy in front of me close his box that was dumping sand out.

I haven't even checked in yet.

10. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    As far as fr's go. Dont wear that crap all day. Equalizer in Victoria doesnt care if you have fr's on when going into the office. The lady thats usually in there is super nice.

You're out of the truck for 5min most at the well site. My coveralls go on when I roll in, and come off when I leave.

11. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    A kick can happen at any time.

tifosi Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.