Safety pass pro

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Swiftroller, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Swiftroller

Swiftroller Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2017

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Looks like a great way to get fired. You don't think the company will find out as long as you take the "3-5 minutes" to remove it? Just wait until they go back and see that your mileages are off, or the eld (which uses GPS) shows you driving too fast, or you happen to get a ticket for going faster than the governed speed.

In my experience, you're likely trying to drive that 65 mph truck at 65 mph on that 2 lane road, despite the fact that the speed limit is 55 or 60 mph...and the fact that the truck ahead of you is unwilling risk getting a speeding ticket just so you can unsafely run up against your governor is what irks you.

Seriously, it isn't that hard to back out of it and maintain a safe following distance. Eventually, one of you will turn off or another lane will open up and you can make the pass safely. What do you suppose your chances of hiring onto any company will be if you were terminated for "tampering with safety devices" on the truck?

4. Swiftroller

Swiftroller Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2017
    This forum is full of nothing but haters. Thanks I'll find out my own way. I already drive over the company limit on downhills every single day for years never an issue dickbag.

They don't give a #### it's all about fuel savings but guess what dickbag it's my truck dickbag.

5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Only hater around here is you with the name calling. If it REALLY IS "your" truck, pull into any dealership and have the thing turned up. Can't do that? Then it ain't "your" truck. If your contract with the company says you can't do that, take "your" truck to another company that doesn't dictate a speed limiter be set. Can't take the truck elsewhere? Then it ain't "your" truck.

And rolling a little fast down hills is different than a sustained excessive speed over flat ground or up hill. In hilly terrain, your average speed won't raise any red flags...because as much as gravity helped you out on the way down, it worked against you on the way up. Take hills out of the equation and questions will arise as to how you managed to average 68 mph from Little Rock to Memphis when your truck is supposed to be governed at 65. Your lease will be terminated for tampering with THEIR truck, or for breech of contract if the truck is actually titled in your name.

Ribeye and Klleetrucking Thank this.
  6. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    I think he forgot the second T in his screen name.

Rackpass 85 and Ribeye Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.