safety pass pro???

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TaylorMade407, Jul 1, 2009.

1. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

All i can say is it does work and does not show up on the Cummins engine print out at each service....:biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tanker Hauler

Tanker Hauler Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2010
    New England
    "who is Doctor Diesel ? how can i increase my truck speed , i work for some one in Chicago , and he will not check the ecm"

The DOT can, and will if needed.

4. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri

What does this mean?

5. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Nothing outside of Ontario where they have the 65mph limit rule. Unless they're doing emissions testing and that's what has been changed on the ecm.

6. Deatkins1234

Deatkins1234 Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I have bought the safety pass pro about a year and a half ago, it worked great, it plugs into the transmission output sensor, and the dial knob controls the mph gauge on your dash board, so for example a 65 mph truck, you flip the on button switch to on then turn the knob to a speed just below 65 mph, and the truck only knows you are going this fast, you can then accelerate your truck to as fast as you want to go, I used it on a brand new 2011 peterbilt, and the only thing I hated about it, was I could not set my cruise control with it on, this device is only designed for a quick pass and then decelerate back to your normal governed speed, of you use it like that, you can do it untraceable from your company,

7. ChuckK70

ChuckK70 Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    If your company uses your satellite location to track your speed you will certainly get caught. The company I work at does that. You have 5mph over the speed limit on the freeway, 3mph over on city streets. Safety WILL contact you over violations.

8. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    If you are a driver with any experience whatsoever you will know that doing 65 instead of 63 will get you there absolutely no faster! True to what the other posters said, your qualcomm will track your speed. So unless you are doing 65 in just tunnels they will know. On that note, your qualcomm also tracks you coasting down mountains in which your company will site you for overspeed.

Instead of investing in one of those speed enhancers, save your money and buy your own truck. Course once you do that you will realize in order to make money optimum speed is under 60mph.

Deatkins, you have 4 years experience under your belt, you should no better than that.

9. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Going faster makes some peoples super trucker ago feel better

10. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Yep, that's about all it does!

Also you ever notice the ones going faster always end up passing you 10 times a day! Reminds me of a little story about a turtle and a bunny!:bunny:

11. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    I float around 58 mph. Truck is set at 62. I will occasionally run 60 if the load is light and pressed for time. I have all day today and tomorrow to deliver and only 300 miles out. I've barely seen any traffic so im just chugging along at 55.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.