Sage Driving school, Any graduates?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Tlauden, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Tlauden

Tlauden Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Hello,

New to the forum and to the industry. I am looking at Sage truck driving school in Berwic (Bloomsburg) PA. Has anyone here ever attended this specific location? I searched the forums and found many people saying good things about Sage. There was one thread saying about they are a bad school, but I believe the OP of that thread failed/got kicked out of school so of course they won't praise them.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I didn't attend Sage, but their reputation is excellent. Most companies that hire new cdl grads hire Sage graduates. I know one company that only hires Sage graduates and won't hire from any other school.
    Which type of driving job are you interested in?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I don't think Werner bribes Sage with trucks like they do Roadmaster. :)

SHOJim and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. Tlauden

Tlauden Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2018
    This is great to hear, Thank you!

As for the job...
    I am interested in OTR to begin, and honestly anything to get my foot in the door. A family member drives for Van Wyk and I would like to get in with them once I obtain my CDL. He has nothing but good to say about them, and he can always get home when he needs to. In a few years, once I gain driving time and experience, I would like to transition into lowboy equipment hauling of some sort.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Seems like a good plan. If that doesn't work out, look at Calex Logistics. Calex does lots of west coast runs and hires new cdl grads.
    Since your family member works at Van Wyk, you probably have a good chance of being hired there.

Tlauden Thanks this.
  7. adamg18

adamg18 Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2018
    I've never been to that location, but I have heard negative things about Sage in general . Sometimes it's best to go to privately owned schools that are more hands on and less expensive. i got my cdl at idahocdltraining

Tlauden Thanks this.
  8. Jambanja1

Jambanja1 Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2018
    Sage Indianapolis is very gd,they went above and beyond for me.I had to have a SPE endorsment,they had never heard of it at the time,but they helped me through all the testing and paperwork.

Tlauden and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. Tlauden

Tlauden Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Thanks for the input. I met with the school and they seemed fairly decent. I will probably end up going with them.

Thanks again guys.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Werner owns Roadmaster.
    Werner Enterprises Announces Acquisition of American Institute of Trucking and Roadmaster Drivers School
    Werner is pleased to announce its acquisition of the American Institute of Trucking (AIT) and Roadmaster Drivers School. These investments help further Werner’s commitment to securing the success of the next generation of professional drivers for the entire trucking industry.

PostmanMJC Thanks this.
  11. PostmanMJC

PostmanMJC Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Dirty Jersey
    I just graduated from Sage in Lebanon PA. 6/2018. Great school and staff at that location. I looked around for schools for about a couple of months before I made up my mind. This forum helped tremendously. Chinatown has a great deal of "sage" advice! :D Read up, consider/compare the cost and what type of documentation you'll get at the end of it. Certificate, transcripts and such. Make it a worth while investment.

Tlauden Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.