SAIA for Linehaul?!

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Irv90, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Lumper with a license

Lumper with a license Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Mississippi
    I hope I can do the work I’m used to foodservice I hope it’s better

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2BucTruck

2BucTruck Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Eastern USA - Go Bucs!
    Are you serious? Do you have any idea what you signed up for? If you're used to food service, you can do anything friend.

And yes, average is a month. Took me a little over a month for the whole process. Corporate approval usually takes a couple weeks.

4. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Compared to foodservice, LTL P&D is nothing. I've done both, and I guarantee you'll be praising God every day for giving you a job that makes you more money for way less stress and backbreaking work.

MACK E-6 and Naptown Thank this.
  5. Lumper with a license

Lumper with a license Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Mississippi
  6. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @Travelworld2067 yes sir you will have to go thru all those interviews, you gotta remember your not applying for any of these mega carriers to warm their driver seat. When I went thru OD orientation besides watching safety videos you also get quiz, every month you take a short quiz about the city sop, monthly meetings safety guy comes in and talked about what's has been happening in the month as far incidents, also we get to watch another safety video just to remind us to keep safe out there.I was surprised since when I left my previous employer I never had to do any of these stuff I'm doing with OD. As @Naptown says it's your call if a month is worth waiting to get into a good career.

Good luck

Lumper with a license Thanks this.
  7. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    The only real "work" will be staying awake. Linehaul isn't for everyone. Good luck! Piece of cake!

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, it’s important to keep in mind now that not all runs are created equal.

For example, we here who run over to the eastern
    shore have it fairly easy aside from the mileage, compared to the Washington DC drivers where just about every delivery is an inside delivery.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    There were several nights I got back not remembering the last 200 miles.

10. big1troy

big1troy Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2018
    Let me say in my opinion Saia is the best company I have ever worked for. Yes safety is a priority, but shouldn't it be? Yes the no Bluetooth no using the cb rule is annoying but you get accustomed to it, besides I don't know anyone to call in the middle of the night. I came from 7 up delivery soda so you coming from food service will be loving life at how easy this is. Starting pay in Ohio is .55 cpm going up to .57cpm starting July 1. You get to top pay in 18 months and that will be .66 cpm. Medical insurance for the family is only $40 a week and is paid by the company after 10 years. Also paid holidays start immediately and you get 1 week vacation the first year 2 weeks the 2nd year.

Texas_hwy_287 and speedyk Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.