Said i'd never do this......

Discussion in 'Swift' started by DickJones, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flyer

Flyer Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2008
    And all this knowledge and expertise in just 2 years...really ? He's still wet behind the ears himself.

Giggles the Original Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    I agree. I take everything that comes my way and I haven't pocketed anything close to $1000/week. It's getting better but I think it's mainly because I'm becoming a slightly more efficient driver. The planners are beginning to understand that I am willng to do what needs to be done and that delivery will happen on schedule or before. I'm not patting myself on the back, just accepting the fact that this is a job.....not an adventure!

4. tdcanterbury67

tdcanterbury67 Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2010
    michigan
    thank you very muck injun for the info maybe in a year or two i will look at another company thank you you just help me make up my mind im off monday to prime !!!!!:biggrin_25514:

5. tdcanterbury67

tdcanterbury67 Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2010
    michigan
    i will try to keep up to date whats up and whats going on with me when i get out their!!!!:biggrin_2551::biggrin_25525:

6. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Good luck to you over at Prime. Get ahold of Ironpony or Sazook for information. I honestly believe it is a good company for company drivers. They do have overall decent facilities...that Springfield terminal is gorgeous and very well maintained. I would recommend them for the company side, absolutely.

The lease side? Wweeeelllll.......

tdcanterbury67 Thanks this.
  7. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher

Oldnew, This is just what new drivers need to see and hear. This job is not driving around this Great Nation of Ours and seeing the sights. It is taking a load from the shipper to the receiver in as efficient a manner as possible. That type of efficiency takes time to grow. That time means experience, and increased efficiency.

Like you said its a job (and a lifestyle for many), not an adventure.:yes2557:

JustSonny Thanks this.
  8. DickJones

DickJones Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Even if this means fibbing on your logbook? I'm not going to say i DONT do it (fib that is) but you know the company will be quick to slap you with a log violation. Go figure huh?

(granted, if you're hours past your 11/14...i understand....but 15 min or 30 min off?? first time they do, i'll be sure to be 100% legal from then on)

9. Hamshoe

Hamshoe Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Illinois
    I choose it to be an adventure...if it becomes a burden and not enjoyable...then it is time for something else.

DickJones, misterG and Longshot64 Thank this.
  10. DickJones

DickJones Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2010
    great way to look at it. You should ENJOY going to work...not dread it.

11. Fewe

Fewe Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Arlington, TN
    I whole heartedly agree. So much so that I entitled the thread chronicling my experience "My Swift Adventure". The very reason I dropped out of college was that I would rather go to work every day getting dirty, sweaty, and bloody doing something I love and barely getting by than go to work every day to a job and place I hate making all the money in the world. To me life should be an adventure... new experiences, new people, new surroundings. Not every day will be all roses as I can personally attest but all-in-all as long as the shiny side is up and you love, or at least like, what you are doing then getting out of bed every day to go do it isn't nearly as much of a chore.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.