Salary Vs. CPM

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by injville, May 8, 2010.

1. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    And if you can't afford insurance for your family you get to go to jail thanks to obama! ROFLMAO! Why would you even consider turning the key in the truck for that piddling amount! HMMMMM?

injville and Dna Mach Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    I briefly drove for salary. Supposed to be a straight 30 - 40 hr week, plus bennies, for $350/wk to start. Turned out to be 80-100 hours/wk, no bennies. I left after the second week. Any questions why?

injville Thanks this.
  4. Paddington

Paddington Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Good by today's standards?
    Well, that all depends on what your standards are.
    These days, alot of guys are out there just to hobo around for 3 hots and a cot.
    Whereby driving truck OTR beats sleeping on a picnic table.
    Me?
    I'd run not walk away from a deal like that.
    Hell, I make more working part-time installing tile for my buddy's home repair biz.
    He buys foreclosed homes, rehabs them, and flips em' for a tidy profit.
    Now that's something you might look into...especially living in FL.

jakebrake12 Thanks this.
  5. injville

injville Bobtail Member

May 7, 2010
    Jacksonville
    Thanks for all the input, IDK what I am going to do, I am currently employed, but i am looking to maybe go OTR again.... that is why I am curious as to how things are really doing in the trucking community, not what i here on random CB conversations, of the guys who are making 90,000 plus a year, and just started driving. If that were true then we would all work for the big name companies and we would all be happy....right

6. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    90K is easily attainable for LTL line-haul drivers at companies like UPS Freight/Parcel, Con-way Freight up North, and FedEx Freight - and that is real gross wages as a company driver and not someone leasing. We have drivers that will now make 110K this year since we went to 70 hour logs this week and they cry the most.. A company is what you make of it not necessarily what others say about it to a degree. If you wanna make money pull a set for a big boy company and you'll ###### about everything like the rest of us do.. I'm at the dispatch counter every night complaining that my assigned truck has been gone for weeks and then I go make $330-390 per night in a piece of crap - as soon as I get back I whine and moan that I want my truck back and swear this company sucks.. This company sucks till I see my stub online or need to tell someone what I make for financial reasons - that sucker taking my info probably spent 200K on college and makes 1/2 what I do.. I went for two years with a chemistry major and none of my college peers with any degree come close to what I make and they have debt from it..

Paddington and Dna Mach Thank this.
  7. fr0sty

fr0sty Light Load Member

May 16, 2010
    Melbourne, Victoria
    In australia; the company I work for, the interstate drivers either do a change over or go the full way (The full way trip earns a few cents more, as its urgent freight);
    Full runners
    they earn around $1000 a night (Its what they get paid); home every 2nd day.. and have sat and sun off unless going cross country(One side of Aus to the other)
    Change overs
    Earn around $800 a night, and home every day. with sat and sunday night off.

8. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    I think I need to move to Australia!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.