Same load, $1000 estimate difference from different brokers.

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by JonJon78, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    As i said in my previous post its an example with made up numbers i pulled from my ### basically using quick google ## averages for several items. I would have used my own rigs figures but thats a bit much information to give out to be comfortable. Though the high miles is intentional.

The divided by 5 was a typo on my part. I derped and it was supposed to be 12 170k miles devided by 12 =14166 and i just ran with it because i wasnt paying attention and double dipped on the 650 miles a day 5 days a week for 52 weeks so the number 5 got stuck in my brain.....so that was my fault there. I claim my daily blond moment for this.

The rest is sound though and ill fix the math error in a second. The point i was making is basically you take the known expenses i.e insurance payments, maintaince, vehicle payments or rather the fixed expenses. Add projected costs i.e tires, breakdowns, supplies ect or rather the variable items. Then type in the maximum miles you can legally drive to get a worst case number.

You NEVER plan for best case in business. If best case fails and you relied on it then you go bankrupt. If you plan on WORST case and it happens then its just a speed bump and you can survive. If you cant make it work at all in a realistic worst case then its likely not doable without additional resources to fall back on.

Also really censor you go after a kungfu refrence....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana

Ehh, i dont know if planning on YOUR trucks numbers would hurt anybody trying to calculate worst case scenarios :p

Mostly my confusion is on the cited part because nothing is labeled which is why i have to guess it is fuel cost.

4. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Lol dont remind me.....this thing has been a nightmare to the point ive sat up many a late night working my books to eek out just a hair more money to keep it going......at least its currently going on week 3 without a major breakdown now though.....

And yea its been a day today. I keep screwing up even basic tasks XD i think i slept wrong or something. Anyway i fixed my initial poat.

skallagrime Thanks this.
  5. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Go to bed, make that cheddar, dont let her break you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.