Sammons trucking L/P. The good, the bad, and the fine print.

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Kritter11B3, Feb 24, 2016.

1. 8700

8700 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2016
    Do do a lease perches go home you will be better off and your family will be to the trucking industry is terrible way to try to make a difference in your life gone to much this is not a good way to get ahead

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Translation please

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  4. CHUBBYBUNNY

CHUBBYBUNNY Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    If you own a truck does Sammons bring you to Montana to sign on? How much do they charge to lease a trailer? I live in Oklahoma and prefer to run I-40 and south. Do they have freight for that area or do you really need to run up north?
    In regards to their lease purchase deal you guys complaining seem to forget that Sammons is taking all the risk and laying out all the capital to buy the trucks and they aren't cheap. If you buy a truck yourself you are likely to pay 10% or more interest especially if you are a first time buyer. The trucking business has been extremely volatile since Bush ruined the economy so if you are doing a lease purchase or even if you already own a truck you better not have a lot of other bills because trucking has been feast and famine for a while.

5. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    You can't be serious......... Have another serving of Sammons Koolaid.

6. TEX TRUCKER Q

TEX TRUCKER Q Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2015
    Then why are you on here!

fargonaz, freightwipper and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  7. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Not out here to be a "share cropper trucker." I won't be.....and neither should anyone else.

That is all LPs are. The worst part is drivers get shiney truck syndrome and sign an LP and don't have a single clue what they are getting themselves into.

If you do a company/carrier controlled LP you are a company driver that are paying their bills. Its that simple.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. Knucklehead82

Knucklehead82 Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Yes they are..u pick it loads...i just paid my truck off..best company ever....this company is for really drivers..and drivers who can book there own loads....no your truck..get it fixed..sammons pays to fix whatever u need..it goes on the end of truck settlement. I know drivers who got complete rebuilds....u never go in the negative here....u always get ur money

9. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.