Sammons Trucking Lease purchase????

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by michaelbunt, Apr 25, 2013.

1. MaximumTexas

MaximumTexas Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2010
    TEXAS
    I need to clear at least 1K a week after truck expenses (to cover health ins, mortgage, food, etc)
    My current FB job sucks, dispatchers assign loads based on the "friends and family plan" and I am neither a friend or a family
    I would like to go with either a lease purchase or stay company driver, but definitely flatbed (have 3 years FB experience, OTR and regional).
    If i were to be stuck to a truck for 2-3 years, I would want something decent and it sounds like these guys have decent rigs.....but.......I must do more research....Sammons, if you are listening, I will have some questions for you

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sammonsrecruiter

Sammonsrecruiter Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    You won't clear a $1000 a week with us. Sorry.

4. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    Really?????? Why would someone do the O/O thing and not be able to clear a thousand a week? Why not just find a good company job?

5. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    From what little info I have read; they are providing a way to acquire a decent used truck while AT LEAST making company driver wages AND PROGRESSIVELY paying the truck off while still having a normal OTR Drivers life without having to chase that WEEKLY payment making the driver able to go home without spending 2 months on the road just to go home and get that negative settlement and have ZERO pay for the next 3 weeks.........

If im wrong Mr.Recruiter please correct as I dont even work for Sammons:biggrin_2558:

blade and viperexpress996 Thank this.
  6. Sammonsrecruiter

Sammonsrecruiter Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    In a nut shell you are correct.

7. viperexpress996

viperexpress996 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Dalton, GA
    I'm puzzled. $16,000 to the truck in a month is about a grand per week. Either the pay is not $16,000 per month or my entire schooling in math for 12 years is wrong if that ain't close to a grand a week. Can you clarify how the truck pay is $16,000 per month, but driver pay is $2600 per month? That isn't 26% unless you are doing accounting at C.R. England. Not saying you are lying, just asking for clarification.

8. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    I think the $16k is Gross to the truck and after fuel and insurance the driver gets 26%

But like I said, I dont work there!! I just appreciate the honesty of Mr.Recruiter and how Sammons does their L/P

blade Thanks this.
  9. viperexpress996

Aug 13, 2012
    Dalton, GA
    yeah, I am thinking about doing it, but the math wasn't jiving. 26% after fuel doesn't leave much.

10. viperexpress996

Aug 13, 2012
    Dalton, GA
    Maybe Mr. Recruiter can reply after the holiday.

11. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    The fact is, they have found a way to get desperate people for next to nothing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.