SAV Express Minneapolis, Mn

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smurf-316, Jan 25, 2017.

1. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Nice couple weeks. Got stuck on night driving the last few day's of the week. I don't mind driving at night but until 0700 is rough. But the miles were there so ya gotta roll with it. However my truck is starting to act up again so I may be down for the count pretty soon.

Vic Firth Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Wrapping up a pretty good week from Iowa to Oregon back to Wisconsin. 3300 miles for the week. And I am happy to report our trucks have been raised from 70 mph to 74 mph!! Course the downside to having a really fast truck is I'm constantly staying in the left lane. But I sure am getting there fast!

4. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Glad things are better! Helps you forget the 'dark days' from Beacon huh?

smurf-316 Thanks this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    ...and passing all the Beacon trucks.......

James j and smurf-316 Thank this.
  6. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Enjoying my 3 day's at home.
    Picking up for a Texas run then back up to Minnesota. Forgot to scan my Texas trip last week so no full check this Friday but that's my fault. I'll get it on next weeks check.

ncmickey, Suspect Zero and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    So I stopped by the yard to see about getting my APU fixed. I was told we're not fixing any APU's because we are getting new trucks. So I was told just to idle until then. Fine by me. Running a Louisiana to Wisconsin load. 1128 miles.

Lonesome, Vic Firth, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  8. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Do you miss pulling those nails out of the floor of your trailer? :)

How often have you been making it home and for how long?

9. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    I don't miss those nails at ALL!!!....lol They are really good about getting you home when you ask. As long as you let them know seven days ahead of time. I usually go home every two two three weeks pretty much like clockwork. I don't ever have to fight with them about home time. And unlike Beacon I don't get punished for going home.

Suspect Zero, Lonesome and ncmickey Thank this.
  10. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    There really is no set policy for how much home time you take. When you put your home time request you put the date you want it to start in the date you will be ready to return to work. About a month ago I had a lot of stuff going on at the house so I took 5 days off. I just sent it in on my home time request and the day I was ready to go back they called me with a load. So unlike a lot of companies that you earned one day off for every week out and things like that. We really don't have that kind of setup at SAV. I'm sure if you wanted to take 4, 5 or 6 days off every time you went home then they might would say something. I usually take 3 days off with no problem.

ncmickey Thanks this.
  11. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I see you guys around. Glad you like the job. I'm in Minneapolis too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.