Saved From Scrap

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by AModelCat, Oct 26, 2015.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    2nd day I had it. 2nd engine start:

After I cut the stacks off. Just the downpipe off the turbo.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Beside the headlights should have been some white paint detail. On the side bug deflectors as well. And on the front bumper to the inside of the driving lights...but not surrounding the headlights.

spsauerland Thanks this.
  4. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I think it might have had the fenders resprayed and maybe that was all painted over. Some of the paint on the fenders and around the headlights is peeling and there was a slightly darker blue underneath that.

Oxbow, spsauerland and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  5. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'm adding some custom parts onto it as well, Martin. I posted pics of these brackets earlier in the thread. Guy down the street from where I'm working on the truck runs a CNC plasma cutting business on the side. Had him build me these rear cab mount brackets. Still haven't decided if I'm going to backlight them or not yet. 20181124_071118.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    NightWind, Ruthless, Tug Toy and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Hopeaholic

Hopeaholic Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2018
    Does this have a locking diff? What is the axle model number? I'm trying to decide which single axle to use on a similar project. Thanks.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  7. MartinFromBC

Oct 19, 2018
    Rockwell lockers...unless someone changed them after I owned it.

Oxbow and AModelCat Thank this.
  8. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Not 100% sure on the exact model that axle is. Tag is missing. According to the wrecking yard I bought it from it was out of a 2000 Freightliner. The yard gave me the last 5 of the VIN from the truck it was from and another forum member determined it was likely a Rockwell RR-120-145. It does have an air operated axle lock.

9. MartinFromBC

Oct 19, 2018
    I still keep in touch occasionally with the now retired sales man I used to buy and trade in trucks with, so I asked him what he can recall regarding it. He was the original salesman who sold the truck brand new, it was to a now closed company called Rossland High Lead Logging. The fellow who started it passed away many years ago now as far as he knows.
    They were a complete logging operation from stump to dump, did mostly steep mountain logging with high lead drags. Had as far as he can remember 3 company logging trucks. This truck was in a low speed tip over on an off camber corner when it was not very old, but he can't remember the year. It was traded in through him, on a new truck sold to the same company, and I was for sure only the second owner, I bought it in 1993. He has no history on it since I traded it in again in 2001, on a 1996 KW, so the last 17 years is a mystery.

Oxbow, Ruthless, magoo68 and 4 others Thank this.
  10. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I ran the VIN on it after I had it dragged home. It was repaired in 1984 from that tip over. I noticed there was a fibreglass repair above the driver's door when I gutted the interior so I always assumed it was from that. The guy I bought it from never said what year he bought it but from what I remember he said he parked it in 2004 for 2 years, then had it on the road for a couple months in 2006. After that it sat in his back yard until I got it in fall of 2014. He was the one who converted it from logging truck to a water tanker. I'm thinking he was likely the one who bought it after you traded it.

Oxbow, pushbroom and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  11. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    The last MVI sticker on the passenger window expired in mid 2006 if I recall.

Oxbow, Tug Toy and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.