Saw an automatic Mack today.

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by david123abc, Oct 24, 2015.

1. FreightlinerGuy

FreightlinerGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Great Lakes, USA
    Does your truck not have that hill assist start button? Does it do that even when you use it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014

Haha! Oh boy I regret to say this but what button would that be? There no Manuel in this truck. So I'll explain what I see. First there the little screen with that shows what gear, the trucks in, or if it's in R or N. Then below is a engine button not sure what that is. R N D + - and M those I know. I don't know what the engine one is or the PERF means.

4. FreightlinerGuy

FreightlinerGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Great Lakes, USA
    Never mind on the hill thing.. I was thinking of hill assist that helps you start from a stop on a hill. Mack calls it Grade Gripper,
    Grade Gripper uses the ABS to hold a truck in position on a grade for three seconds while a driver moves his foot from the brake to the throttle.

There are a couple other features your truck may or may not have that you may or may not know about.. In the interest of not repasting what I found I'll just give the link..

http://www.trucknews.com/test-drive/driving-the-mack-granite-with-mdrive-hd/

RogerThat72 Thanks this.
  5. Mainah

Mainah Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Winslow, Maine
    I drive a Volvo with an Ishift for Bouchard, and at first I wasn't sure I would like it, but like you, it's grown on me. I have the same problems you do with getting under a loaded trailer and starting on hills. We take full advantage of the 100k lbs weight limit in Maine so it might be worse. We are also phasing out standard trucks for all autos.
    The Volvo I drive doesn't have hill assist, but the newer trucks have them and the few auto Macks we have do as well. They don't have a button to activate the hill assist, it will kick in on its own when it senses your on an incline.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.